Your tour begins with pick-up from your hotel or hostel between 5:30 and 5:45 am. If your hotel or hostel is not located in the city center, we will pick you up from the doorway of our office building.
We will drive for about four hours through the farm-filled valleys to the south of Cusco, stopping approximately every hour at points of interest and scenic overlooks along the way.
Our first stop will be at Rumi Punku, an archeological site about 20 km (12.4 mi) from Cusco, where massive walls mark what was once the official entry point to the Incan capital. After your guide explains the site’s significance and you have time for photos, you will return to the car and continue the drive south.
Our next stop will be the Combapata Overlook, from which you can enjoy the beautiful landscapes and see where the Salcca River meets the Vilcanota, the Sacred River of the Incas.
We will continue our journey to Yanaoca, one of the eight districts in the Canas province of Cusco. From Yanaoca, we will drive thirty minutes more to the Q´ewe district, where you will have your first glimpse of the ancient bridge suspended between the sheer rock cliff faces as we drive down a series of stunning switchbacks into the Apurimac canyon.
At approximately noon, we will leave the car and descend a steep path to a viewpoint for taking photos, before carefully crossing the bridge together! Get ready for the adrenaline rush of a lifetime as you make your way across the swaying bridge, and try not to look too closely at the river several meters below! On the other side, the bridge attendant will greet us and give a brief demonstration of the bridge’s history and construction.
After visiting the bridge, we will drive to the region’s four famous lagoons: Pomacanchi, Acopia, Asnacqoccha, and Pampamarca. Set like jewels among the gold-green hills, they shine in the warm, afternoon sun as native flamingos and other birds fly and feed around their edges.
We will then return to the vehicle and be back in Cusco at approximately 6:00 pm.
Includes / Not Includes
- Professional tour guide
- We use private buses and minivans, which are very comfortable and come with all necessary safety features. Our driver has several years of experience and is an expert at navigating the narrow mountain roads.
- 1 Buffet lunch (eat as much as you like!)
- Hot drinks.
- First aid kit (includes emergency oxygen tank)
- Tips for your tour guide and driver
What to Bring:
- Small daypack
- Light, comfortable clothing
- Warm jacket
- Water (we recommend at least 1 liter)
- Rain Gear
- Cash (in small denominations of Peruvian nuevo soles)
- Personal medications
- Toilet Paper
- Snacks (granola bars, dried fruits, chocolate, etc.
Group Service Prices 2019
2 pax min, max 10 pax
Price per person US$109.00
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: email@example.com
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).