Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour with Moray & the Salt Mines
We’ pick you up at your hotel at 7:30am for our Cusco Sacred Valley Tour and head towards the Sacred Valley of the Incas. First, we’ll go to the Ccochahuasi Animal Sanctuary, which has a variety of Peruvian animals. Then we’re off to the Taray Viewpoint to enjoy a classic view of the Urubamba valley. Onward, we’ll drive to the archaeological site of Pisac, where you can see the biggest Inca cemetery, which has more than 2000 tombs. There we’ll see the incredible farming terraces carved into the mountain, and explore the Inca tunnel and the religious area of this important citadel.
Then we head back to spend some time visiting the colourful market of Pisac. After, we’ll drive to Urubamba for lunch, then onto the Pre-Inca Salt Mines, and then to the archeological site of Moray. After a time to visit the Salt Mines and Moray, we’ll finish our tour in Ollantaytambo. We’ll explore the archeological site for 1.5 hours and finally, we will return to Cusco, dropping you at your hotel around 6.30pm.
Located at the entrance of the Sacred Valley, Pisac is a quaint Inca Village that is famous for being the largest pre-Columbian-style, hand-crafted goods and textile market in the region of Cusco, full of color and Incan culture and tradition. You will have plenty of opportunities to test your bartering skills, interact with the local artisans, and purchase their hand-made souvenirs. You will discover Alpaca goods of all types, such as sweaters, shawls, hats, gloves, woven textile rugs, a huge silver jewelry market much of which is made right in the town, decorations, alpaca rugs, art work and trinkets of all types.
PISAC ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE
The archeological ruins of Pisac are considered to be one of the finest remaining Inca archeological sites in the country. You will explore the Inca Tunnel and discover the biggest Ancient Inca Cemetery that has more than 2000 tombs. Further down the mountain is the Complex of Temples constructed from exquisitely carved pink granite, featuring a sun temple, ceremonial altars, water channels and wells. A few hundred yards further down the mountain is a beautiful urban area located on a high semi-circular ledge? The ruin is surrounded by vast sweeping agricultural terraces which harmoniously blend into the natural curvature of the landscape.
The next stop on our Sacred Valley Tour from Cusco is a beautiful, strategic spot where the Inca Pachacutec built his fortress/sanctuary Ollantaytambo. The city is a beautiful setting and the hills that surround it hide some of the most impressive ruins in the Valley. Here you’ll find structures such as the Temple of the Sun, the Royal Hall, the Incahuatana and the Baños de la Princesa (Princess Baths). This site is one of the few places where the Spaniards lost a battle during the conquest.
The stunning Inca site of Moray is also known as “The Greenhouses of the Incas.” Different levels of terraces are carved into a huge bowl-like piece of land, part of which was excavated by the Incas. The terraces have varied microclimates depending on how deep into the bowl they are placed, and it is believed these microclimates were used by the Incas to provide the optimal conditions for their crops.
Close to the colonial town of Maras, our Sacred Valley Tour will take us to The Salt Mines (Salineras), a Pre-Incan construction. Thousands of saltpans have been used for salt extraction since before the Inca era. A hot spring at the top of the valley emits a small stream of heavily salt-laden water, which is diverted into small pools called saltpans and then evaporated to produce a salt which is then used for human and animal consumption.
Includes / Not Includes
What is Included
- Private group
- Professional English and knowledgeable speaking guide
- Private comfortable transportation
What is not Included
- Entrance tickets to archeological sites: 70 soles (1 day only) or approximately US$22 per person which can only be purchased in soles only at the first archeological site. (See important info for more information)
- Salt Mine entrance 10 soles
What you need to take:
- Tourist ticket (not included in price)
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Camera and films
- Money fotr lunch, shopping, fees, etc.
Price & availability
Private Service Prices
2 people: 140 USD$
3 people: 130 USD$
4 people: 110 USD$
5 + people : 90 USD$
Group Service Prices
2 pax min, max 10 pax
Price per person US$90
NOTE: We sometimes offer to combine private tours (with your permission) into smaller groups with a discount. Let us know if you would be open to others joining you.
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: email@example.com
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).
|Inca Trail & Alterantive Treks|
|1 Person $200,00 USD 2 Persons $400,00 USD 3 Persons $600,00 USD 4 Persons $800,00 USD 5 Persons $1.000,00 USD|
|Full day and half day tours|
|1 Person $50,00 USD 2 Persons $100,00 USD 3 Persons $150,00 USD 4 Persons $200,00 USD 5 Persons $250,00 USD|