Day 1: Cusco – Qoriccocha(Golden Lake) –Huchuy Qosqo
We pick you up from your hotel at 6 a.m. and take you to the Huilcapata village (3,700 meters). It is only 30 minutes from the city of Cusco where we have breakfast in one of the local family house, prepared for our profesional chef. We will begin hiking uphill for one hour until we get to the first pass (4,100 meters), where we will have spectacular views of valleys and the beautiful Lake Qoriccocha( Golden Lake). Also to your left side, you will see the capital of the Incas, Cusco, with stunning mountains surrounding it. Your expert tour guide will tell you about how and when the Incas arrived to this area, and the arrival of Spaniards. After our long break, we will carry on for two more hours along the side of the lake and the quarry making our way to the lunch spot. The scenery at the lake is quite barren because the whole area is a high puna between the mountains, and is covered with tough, highland grass, called Ichu. There are a lot of Lamas and Alpacas surrounding. It may be possible to see a variety of bird life, such as Andean Geese, Lapwings, Partridges, among others. We have lunch at Quencco village, a local comunity that keep some customs and traditions. After our siesta, there is ceremony with lamas that carry our equipment like in the incas time. You will learn some techniques and see how lamas are still usiful as a transport machine in the high andes.
We will continue to the second pass, it’s about fourty five minutes from the village,then we walk for 3 hours following the original inca trail(balcony of the incas) to Huchuy Qosqo, where we will be able to see the Sacred valley, the Urubamba river, snow-capped mountains, and other mountain ranges. Then we keep going until our campsite enjoying the amazing views. Once we reach the Inca Trail, the scenery changes from the high mountains to a secluded valley. This valley is a beautiful micro-climate, full of lush vegetation. There are many small birds that can be seen, including a variety of hummingbirds that feed off of the flowers. We will pass through an adobe Inca gateway, and finally arrive to the magnificent Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo (Little Cusco – 3,600 meters), which is perched above the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will arrive to our campsite by 5:00PM and after settling in for a bit you can relax and have a hot drink and snack with your team, chef and guide. By 7:30PM your dinner will be ready, and afterwards you can get some well-deserved rest.
Distance Walked: 12 km
Day 2: Huchuy Qosqo – Lamay – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
We wake you up with a cup of coca tea. When you are packed, we will enjoy a tasty breakfast. It is amazing and unique place to see the sun rise. We begin our walking tour and explore Huchuy Qosqo for about two hours , Here, you will see amazing Inca buildings, like sacred temples, storehouses, Inca terraces for agriculture and Inca reservoir used to store water in the dry season. Your tour guide will take you on a tour of the site. As an expert, he will explain you about the background. Before we go down to Lamay town, you will have time to explore the site on your own. From here, we will begin our walk downhill to the Sacred Valley. It takes about two hours and half to get to the village of Lamay (2,800 meters) on the Urubamba River, where we will enjoy our last lunch with Quinoa Expeditions staff. after lunch we make good bye ceremony with them where you give an apreciation personally to each of them.after this we drive you to Ollantaytambo, where we explore the living inca town, the streets, water canals the plaza and others. We will have dinner at a restaurant before taking the 7 p.m. train to Aguas Calientes. We will be able to set up and rest in our hotel. Hot shower, wifi will be available.
Distance Walked: 7 km
Day 3: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco.
Machu Picchu is the most important part of our trip. We suggest waking up erlier to get on one of the first buses up to Machu Picchu. These buses are all first come, first serve and begin at 5:30 a.m. Once we get up to the citadel, your tour guide will take you to a great spot to watch the sunrise over the mountains, weather permitting. Following, you will begin your two hour tour around the complex. After the tour, you will have some time to wander on your own through these ancient ruins with the options of climbing Huayna Picchu, this is a separate entrance ticket and costs $75 (per person). Or Machupicchu Mountain $ 75 ( per person).Both options have breathtaking views. After you have taken in all of Macchu Picchu, you will return to Aguas Calientes on your own by park buses, and enjoy some lunch in the town, before boarding your train to Ollantaytambo. Once you arrive, you will board a bus and return to Cusco at approximately 8 p.m.
Includes / Not Includes
- Pick up from your hotel
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9 or more trekkers
- Chef, porters and horseman
- Excellent buffet style
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Afternoon Snacks and 2 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Dining tent with confortable tables and chairs
- 4 person tent used by only 2 trekkers
- Mules to carry cooking and camping equipment plus 7kg of your personal items.
- Sleeping mattress
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- Private Transportation by bus cusco to Tambomachay and from Lamay to Ollantaytambo
- 3 star Hotel at aguas calientes on day 2 with private room(hot shower, wifi and storage where you can leave your luggage while you visit Machupicchu)
- Round trip bus ticket(Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu- Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu and Huchuy Qosqo
- 2 hour guided tour of Machupicchu
- Return transportation by tourist train from Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo then van back to your hotel in Cusco
Does Not Include
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us)
- Inflatable sleeping pad
- Trekking poles
- lunch and dinner on Day 3
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machupicchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance (for the duration of your trip). You are strongly recommended to take out for the duration of your trip.
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Day pack
- Sleeping bag( you can rent from quinoa expeditions )
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket Warm jacket
- Warm clothes: layers for variable temperatures, especially at night. Thermals:Hat, gloves.
- wool socks and wool hat for cold nights
- T-shirts for the intire trek
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries : poilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, wipes and hand sanitizer
- Personal medical kit
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
- Camel bag or wáter bottle
- Extra money for drinks,tips and souvinirs. Etc( soles or dollars). At least 300 extra soles.
- Bathing suits for the hot springs( optional) recommended for those who stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes)
Price & availability
Group Service Price 2019
US$ 469 per person
Private Service Prices 2019
- 2 people US$ 599 per person
- 3 people US$ 559 per person
- 4 people US$ 529per person
- 5+ people US$ 469 per person
Important:Prices Include 3 star hotel for Second night and mules to carry up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
Important: Prices Include mules to carry up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings.
Walking Pole US$15(pair)
Sleeping Bag US$20
Inflatable Mattress US$20
Single Tent Supplement US$30
Optional Extras/Not Included (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo: USD 50.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired (Need to book in advance).
- How to book, Group or Private Service:
You can either book by emailing us or by using the Booking form provided on this site.
Send us your main Departure date and back up date: By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your trek (classic Inca Trail, Lares, Salkantay, etc) you automatically authorize Quinoa expeditions to use either of these dates for your reservation. Quinoa expeditions within the next 24 hours (after you have sent us your booking form and confirm deposit was made) will send you an electronic receipt confirming your trek has been officially booked and also to confirm the exact departure date of your trek.
Send us your Personal Details for Booking: Your passport number and other information must be valid. Please advise if you change your passport number after booking the tour (especially for booking the classic Inca Trail as if we do not make a change in your official details, you may not be permitted to do the trek). Please Note changing passports’ numbers requires an extra fee (we are able to change passports numbers easily on our receipt but its also extremely important that we make the changes with the Inca Trail authorities)
Student rate: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail/alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card upon your arrival here in Cusco and in Machu Picchu).
Payment of deposit: For any of our Adventure treks ending in Machu Picchu.
We request a non-refundable deposit per person along with personal details of each member participating in the trek:
- Full name
- Passport number,
Payment of deposit amount is:
- US$ 200 per person for the Huchuy Qosqo Trek only Or
- US$ 275 per person for the Huchuy Qosqo Trek + Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu climbing.Please confirm if you want to climb Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu as they need to be booked well in advance too; there are 2 time sessions:
- 7 – 8am or 10 – 11am – this also needs to be specified although you need to be flexible to either time.
Please note, if you get the permits for the 7am start you will probably have to miss the Machu Picchu guided tour.
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: email@example.com
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).