Day 1: Cusco – Qoriccocha(Golden Lake) –Huchuy Qosqo
We pick you up from your hotel at 6 a.m. and take you to the Huilcapata village (3,700 meters). It is only 30 minutes from the city of Cusco where we have breakfast in one of the local family house, prepared for our profesional chef. We will begin hiking uphill for one hour until we get to the first pass (4,100 meters), where we will have spectacular views of valleys and the beautiful Lake Qoriccocha( Golden Lake). Also to your left side, you will see the capital of the Incas, Cusco, with stunning mountains surrounding it. Your expert tour guide will tell you about how and when the Incas arrived to this area, and the arrival of Spaniards. After our long break, we will carry on for two more hours along the side of the lake and the quarry making our way to the lunch spot. The scenery at the lake is quite barren because the whole area is a high puna between the mountains, and is covered with tough, highland grass, called Ichu. There are a lot of Lamas and Alpacas surrounding. It may be possible to see a variety of bird life, such as Andean Geese, Lapwings, Partridges, among others. We have lunch at Quencco village, a local comunity that keep some customs and traditions. After our siesta, there is ceremony with lamas that carry our equipment like in the incas time. You will learn some techniques and see how lamas are still usiful as a transport machine in the high andes.
We will continue to the second pass, it’s about fourty five minutes from the village,then we walk for 3 hours following the original inca trail(balcony of the incas) to Huchuy Qosqo, where we will be able to see the Sacred valley, the Urubamba river, snow-capped mountains, and other mountain ranges. Then we keep going until our campsite enjoying the amazing views. Once we reach the Inca Trail, the scenery changes from the high mountains to a secluded valley. This valley is a beautiful micro-climate, full of lush vegetation. There are many small birds that can be seen, including a variety of hummingbirds that feed off of the flowers. We will pass through an adobe Inca gateway, and finally arrive to the magnificent Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo (Little Cusco – 3,600 meters), which is perched above the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will arrive to our campsite by 5:00PM and after settling in for a bit you can relax and have a hot drink and snack with your team, chef and guide. By 7:30PM your dinner will be ready, and afterwards you can get some well-deserved rest.
Distance Walked: 12 km
Day 2: Huchuy Qosqo – Lamay – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
We wake you up with a cup of coca tea. When you are packed, we will enjoy a tasty breakfast. It is amazing and unique place to see the sun rise. We begin our walking tour and explore Huchuy Qosqo for about two hours , Here, you will see amazing Inca buildings, like sacred temples, storehouses, Inca terraces for agriculture and Inca reservoir used to store water in the dry season. Your tour guide will take you on a tour of the site. As an expert, he will explain you about the background. Before we go down to Lamay town, you will have time to explore the site on your own. From here, we will begin our walk downhill to the Sacred Valley. It takes about two hours and half to get to the village of Lamay (2,800 meters) on the Urubamba River, where we will enjoy our last lunch with Quinoa Expeditions staff. after lunch we make good bye ceremony with them where you give an apreciation personally to each of them.after this we drive you to Ollantaytambo, where we explore the living inca town, the streets, water canals the plaza and others. We will have dinner at a restaurant before taking the 7 p.m. train to Aguas Calientes. We will be able to set up and rest in our hotel. Hot shower, wifi will be available.
Distance Walked: 7 km
Day 3: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco.
Machu Picchu is the most important part of our trip. We suggest waking up erlier to get on one of the first buses up to Machu Picchu. These buses are all first come, first serve and begin at 5:30 a.m. Once we get up to the citadel, your tour guide will take you to a great spot to watch the sunrise over the mountains, weather permitting. Following, you will begin your two hour tour around the complex. After the tour, you will have some time to wander on your own through these ancient ruins with the options of climbing Huayna Picchu, this is a separate entrance ticket and costs $75 (per person). Or Machupicchu Mountain $ 75 ( per person).Both options have breathtaking views. After you have taken in all of Macchu Picchu, you will return to Aguas Calientes on your own by park buses, and enjoy some lunch in the town, before boarding your train to Ollantaytambo. Once you arrive, you will board a bus and return to Cusco at approximately 8 p.m.
Includes / Not Includes
- Pick up from your hotel
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9 or more trekkers
- Chef, porters and horseman
- Excellent buffet style
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Afternoon Snacks and 2 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Dining tent with confortable tables and chairs
- 4 person tent used by only 2 trekkers
- Mules to carry cooking and camping equipment plus 7kg of your personal items.
- Sleeping mattress
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- Private Transportation by bus cusco to Tambomachay and from Lamay to Ollantaytambo
- 3 star Hotel at aguas calientes on day 2 with private room(hot shower, wifi and storage where you can leave your luggage while you visit Machupicchu)
- Round trip bus ticket(Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu- Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu and Huchuy Qosqo
- 2 hour guided tour of Machupicchu
- Return transportation by tourist train from Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo then van back to your hotel in Cusco
Does Not Include
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us)
- Inflatable sleeping pad
- Trekking poles
- lunch and dinner on Day 3
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machupicchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance (for the duration of your trip). You are strongly recommended to take out for the duration of your trip.
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Day pack
- Sleeping bag( you can rent from quinoa expeditions )
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket Warm jacket
- Warm clothes: layers for variable temperatures, especially at night. Thermals:Hat, gloves.
- wool socks and wool hat for cold nights
- T-shirts for the intire trek
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries : poilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, wipes and hand sanitizer
- Personal medical kit
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
- Camel bag or wáter bottle
- Extra money for drinks,tips and souvinirs. Etc( soles or dollars). At least 300 extra soles.
- Bathing suits for the hot springs( optional) recommended for those who stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes)
Price & availability
Group Service Price 2019
US$ 469 per person
Private Service Prices 2019
- 2 people US$ 599 per person
- 3 people US$ 559 per person
- 4 people US$ 529per person
- 5+ people US$ 469 per person
Important:Prices Include 3 star hotel for Second night and mules to carry up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
Important: Prices Include mules to carry up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings.
Walking Pole US$15(pair)
Sleeping Bag US$20
Inflatable Mattress US$20
Single Tent Supplement US$30
Optional Extras/Not Included (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo: USD 50.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired (Need to book in advance).
- How to book, Group or Private Service:
You can either book by emailing us or by using the Booking form provided on this site.
Send us your main Departure date and back up date: By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your trek (classic Inca Trail, Lares, Salkantay, etc) you automatically authorize Quinoa expeditions to use either of these dates for your reservation. Quinoa expeditions within the next 24 hours (after you have sent us your booking form and confirm deposit was made) will send you an electronic receipt confirming your trek has been officially booked and also to confirm the exact departure date of your trek.
Send us your Personal Details for Booking: Your passport number and other information must be valid. Please advise if you change your passport number after booking the tour (especially for booking the classic Inca Trail as if we do not make a change in your official details, you may not be permitted to do the trek). Please Note changing passports’ numbers requires an extra fee (we are able to change passports numbers easily on our receipt but its also extremely important that we make the changes with the Inca Trail authorities)
Student rate: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail/alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card upon your arrival here in Cusco and in Machu Picchu).
Payment of deposit: For any of our Adventure treks ending in Machu Picchu.
We request a non-refundable deposit per person along with personal details of each member participating in the trek:
- Full name
- Passport number,
Payment of deposit amount is:
- US$ 200 per person for the Huchuy Qosqo Trek only Or
- US$ 275 per person for the Huchuy Qosqo Trek + Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu climbing.Please confirm if you want to climb Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu as they need to be booked well in advance too; there are 2 time sessions:
- 7 – 8am or 10 – 11am – this also needs to be specified although you need to be flexible to either time.
Please note, if you get the permits for the 7am start you will probably have to miss the Machu Picchu guided tour.
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).
ABSOLUTE ESSENTIALS FOR THE TREK:
- Valid, original Passport (a copy will not be accepted)
- Valid, Student Card (if you booked as a student)
- Trekking boots (light, comfortable and broken in)
- A good quality daypack (light, small and comfortable)
- Water storage for at least 2 liters; either a camel bag or water bottle(s)
FOR YOUR DAYPACKS:
Below is a list of items that we highly recommend you keep with you at all times in your personal backpack. Remember you will be carrying this with you everyday of the trek so we recommend you bring a good quality daypack which is both light and comfortable. It is important to note that due to local regulations, your backpack should not exceed 25L. All larger backpacks can not be taken into Machu Picchu and will need to be stored outside the gates.
- Hat and sunglasses
- Rain gear
- Warm layers (fleece / long sleeved tops)
- Sun cream, bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Band-aids, moleskin
- Camera, extra batteries
- Head Torch
- Extra snacks, power bars, chocolate
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips (small change is useful for paying to use the villagers’ toilets on the first day)
ADDITIONAL ITEMS FOR YOUR DUFFEL BAGS:
During the trek will provide you with a duffel bag in which you can pack any items that you won’t need to keep with you during the day. Our porters will carry this bag for you throughout the trek. Please note this bag should weigh a maximum of 7 kg including the weight of your sleeping bag and air mattress (if you bring/rent one). When rented from us these two items weigh approximately 3 kg. During the Inca Trek, you will travel through different temperatures as you climb/descend, it can also be cold at night when at the campsite. Therefore layers work best!
- Sleeping bag for Inca trail (can be rented from us)
- Air mattress for Inca trail (can be rented from us)
- Some light, comfortable shoes for the camp
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves for Inca trail
- 2-3 t-shirts (wicking t-shirts are best)
- 1-2 hiking pants/trousers
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 4 sets of hiking socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Warm, down jacket for the coldest nights
- Quick-dry towel
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Face moisturizer
- Power pack / battery charger
- Plastic bags to keep wet or muddy clothes separate
Terms & Conditions
To book your Quinoa Expeditions of a lifetime please visit email@example.com or call our team on +5184384453 or + 51 910827647.
In order to make a reservation with Quinoa Expeditions you are required to make a $200 deposit for each trek and a $ 50 deposit for Day Tours. The deposit should be paid via PayPal. . All deposits are unfortunately non-refundable as they are used to secure your reservation (by purchasing permits, entrance tickets, etc.).
The remaining balance can be paid upon your arrival to Cusco and we ask that this be paid at least 36 hours prior to your tour. If you are not able to arrive in Cusco this far in advance of your trek, we ask that you notify your travel agent in advance to make arrangements. You can pay the remaining balance with Peruvian Soles, Dollars (or a combination).
All primary deposits are unfortunately 100% non-refundable. However, the earlier you notify us of a cancellation, the better we can assist you. Please send all cancellation notifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cancel 8 weeks or more days before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
8 weeks to 4 weeks before departure: 60% of the total tour price is due.
4 weeks to 5 days before departure: 80% of the total tour price is due.
5 days to 36 hours: 90% of the total tour price is due.
36 hours or less before departure: 100% of the total price is due.
PASSPORTS AND VISAS:
Visitors are responsible for ensuring that they have valid visas and / or passports. Passports are required to be valid for at least 6 months beyond the dates of travel.
All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Discounts may apply for children under the age of 12.
Prices are per person.
Refunds are processed to the credit card(s) used for the original payment.
For your safety, comfort and convenience, we are the only company in Cusco that offers free transfers to and from the airport to your hotel on arrival and departure. Please send us your exact arrival time in advance. (ONLY FOR TREKS & PACKAGES)
Tipping in Peru is completely voluntary. Tipping guidelines are provided with your final travel documents that are provided during your tour briefing, held the day before your tour.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
Embarking on an adventure, such as the tours we offer, may involve risk of illness or injury caused by forces of nature, animals, insects, and flora. By booking your trip, you acknowledge these risks and are applying to participate voluntarily.