Day 1: Cusco – Patabamba – Huchuy Qosqo – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
At 6am, we will start driving from your hotel to the small Village of Patabamba (3,750m/12,303ft), the beginning of your trek. We will be on level terrain and the landscape will be that of typical Andean Valleys, rich in corn, potatoes, barley, quinoa and other Andean tubers. Soon after the pass, you will start your descent toward the Huchuy Qosqo plains hiking along a path that leads to the Cauca Ravine, where you will be able to see archeological remains and wild crops, such as tarwi, and a large quantity of cactus.
You will walk downhill towards the Leon Punku ravine, where you will find remains of an Inca bridge and trail. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo at (3,650m/11,975ft). Huchuy Qosqo (“Little Cuzco”) is a noteworthy Inca complex. It boasts very fine stonework in a large Kallanka (rectangular Hall), some residential and defensive quarters and interesting two-story buildings in stone and adobe. Huchuy Qosqo is located on a plateau, surrounded by Inca agricultural terraces and allows superb views of the Vilcabamba range. Afterwards we will go downhill to Lamay at (2,900m/9,514ft) where we will catch our transport to drive to Ollantaytambo, the place where we will continue by train to Aguas Calientes. Then, overnight in a hotel.
- Meals: Lunch & Dinner
- Hiking time: 7 hours
- Distance: 16kms/10 miles
- Accommodations: Hostel or similar
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
We leave our hotel after a very early breakfast to take the bus for the journey up to Machu Picchu ruins. Once inside the citadel, there is a private 2 hour tour provided with plenty of free time for further exploring, taking photos and the option to climb Huayna Picchu, Machu Picchu Mountain or go up to the Sun Gate. Then, we return back to Aguas Calientes, take a leisurely lunch, and at 4:22pm, we take the Expedition train to Ollantaytambo with a private van connection to Cusco arriving at your hotel in the evening at about 8pm.
- Meal: Breakfast
- Entrance tickets: Machu Picchu
Includes / Not Includes
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Private transportation from and to your hotel
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Entrance fee to Huchuy Qosqo
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- 2 Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and return to Aguas Calientes
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes: Wirachocha Inn o Andino Hotel or similar
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Walking Poles -$7 USD
- last lunch
- Optional upgrade – Hotel
- Tips for the crew, guide, cook and porters of Quinoa Expeditions
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Day pack
- Sleeping bag( you can rent from quinoa expeditions )
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket Warm jacket
- Warm clothes: layers for variable temperatures, especially at night. Thermals:Hat, gloves.
- wool socks and wool hat for cold nights
- T-shirts for the intire trek
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries : poilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, wipes and hand sanitizer
- Personal medical kit
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
- Camel bag or wáter bottle
- Extra money for drinks,tips and souvinirs. Etc( soles or dollars). At least 300 extra soles.
- Bathing suits for the hot springs( optional) recommended for those who stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes)
Price & availability
Group Service Price 2019
US$ 369 per person
Private Service Prices 2019
- 2 people US$ 399 per person
- 3 people US$ 389 per person
- 4 people US$ 379per person
- 5+ people US$ 369 per person
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
Important: Prices Include mules to carry up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings.
Walking Pole US$07(pair)
Optional Extras/Not Included (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo: USD50.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired (Need to book in advance).
- How to book, Group or Private Service:
You can either book by emailing us or by using the Booking form provided on this site.
Send us your main Departure date and back up date: By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your trek (classic Inca Trail, Lares, Salkantay, etc) you automatically authorize Quinoa expeditions to use either of these dates for your reservation. Quinoa expeditions within the next 24 hours (after you have sent us your booking form and confirm deposit was made) will send you an electronic receipt confirming your trek has been officially booked and also to confirm the exact departure date of your trek.
Send us your Personal Details for Booking: Your passport number and other information must be valid. Please advise if you change your passport number after booking the tour (especially for booking the classic Inca Trail as if we do not make a change in your official details, you may not be permitted to do the trek). Please Note changing passports’ numbers requires an extra fee (we are able to change passports numbers easily on our receipt but its also extremely important that we make the changes with the Inca Trail authorities)
Student rate: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail/alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card upon your arrival here in Cusco and in Machu Picchu).
Payment of deposit: For any of our Adventure treks ending in Machu Picchu.
We request a non-refundable deposit per person along with personal details of each member participating in the trek:
- Full name
- Passport number,
Payment of deposit amount is:
- US$ 200 per person for the Lares Trek only Or
- US$ 275 per person for the Lares Trek + Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu climbing. Please confirm if you want to climb Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu as they need to be booked well in advance too; there are 2 time sessions:
- 7 – 8am or 10 – 11am – this also needs to be specified although you need to be flexible to either time.
Please note, if you get the permits for the 7am start you will probably have to miss the Machu Picchu guided tour.
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).