Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Km104 – Wiñaywayna – Sun Gate – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
We will pick you up at 4 a.m from Cusco. At 5:30 am from Ollantaytambo. Or any hotels along the Sacred Valley, you must let us Know where you are staying to coordinate the pick up time. We boarded the train at 6:10 am that take us to km 104 for about one hour and a half, where we get off and we stop at the check point to show the passport. On the way by train we have chance to see the abrupt change of temperature, Cusco and sacred valley will be cold in the morning, km 104 is warm and hot. We recommend all guest being prepared with proper clothes. We stay half and hour before start walking, where we put Sunscreen on (factor 35 or higher) and Insect repellant because we are in the jungle ( cloud forest ) it means there are a lot of mosquito.
We start walking the inca trail and we visit the first inca construction Chachabamba just five minutes far away, the profesional tour guide will explain you the background history for fifteen minutes. We start walking up for three hours to Wiñaywayna ( mini machu picchu- forever young ). The trail is gentle up for two hours but beautiful views, the last one hour is a litle bit challenge with up stairs and down stairs with a lot of vegetation of orchits and birds, also the beautiful water fall. Wiñay Wayna (Forever Young) at 2,600 m/8,500 ft. It keeps temples, living houses, storage houses water fountains, and agricultural terraces, which give a great opportunity to learn about the Incan history. From Wiñay Wayna, we walk undulating trail (balcony way ) to the Sun Gate. We will see the first view of Machu Picchu where we stay for fifteen minutes to take a break and pictures. Then we start walking down for fourty five minutes to Machu Picchu. We have a guiding tour of Machu Picchu, walking through important temples, palaces, sacred places and outstanding buildings.
After the exploration of Machu Picchu and taking enough pictures we head down to Aguas Calientes. In the evening at 6:20pm you will take the Expedition train to Ollantaytambo. Be on time at the train station, 30 minutes before the departure . The train will take you to ollantaytambo, where our transfer is waiting for you. Then our van will take you back to cusco. Finally we will drop you off in your hotel or nearby ( depending the location and access ) where you stay. You will arrive around 10:30 pm.
Meals: Box Lunch
Includes / Not Includes
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Pick up at your hotel by your guide.
- Private van from cusco to Ollantaytambo train station
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- English speaking professional guide experienced in trekking and tour to Machu Picchu.
- Expedition Tourist Train from Ollantaytambo to Km 104, and return train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- private van back to Cusco.
- Admission Ticket to the Inca trail and Machu Picchu Archaeological site.
- 1 Box lunch
- Private guided tour of Machu picchu
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- It is not possible to do the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain climb due to time restraints.
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Dinner at Aguas Calientes
- Tips for the staff.
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train – US$57 per person – Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo 6:10pm train.
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
Aditionals/Extras Not Included (Need to book in Advance):
Price & availability
Group Service Price 2019
Price per person US$389.00
Private Service Prices 2019
- 2 people US$439 per person
- 3 people US$419 per person
- 4 people US$4O9per person
- 5 +people US$389per person
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
Walking Pole US$05(pair)
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: email@example.com
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).