Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – KM 104- Sun Gate – Machu Picchu – AC Town
We’ll pick you up for our 2 day Inca Trail hike at 4 a.m from Cusco, at 5:30 am from Ollantaytambo, or from any of the hotels along the Sacred Valley. (You must let us know where you are staying to coordinate the pickup time). We’ll board the train at 6:10am for about an hour and a half, and get off at KM104, a checkpoint to show passports. We’ll stay there for about half an hour before we start walking on the Inca Trail, and visit the first Incan construction Chachabamba, where you’ll learn about its history. Then, we start walking for three hours up to Wiñay Wayna (“mini machu picchu” – exact translation: forever young). The first two hours of our short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu are relatively easy, with beautiful views, and the last hour is a more challenging incline up to 2,600 m/8,500 ft. From Wiñay Wayna, we’ll walk on the “undulating trail” (balcony way) to the Sun Gate, where we stay for fifteen minutes to have a break and take pictures. Here, we will see the first view of Machu Picchu, then we’ll walk forty-five minutes down to Machu Picchu.
When we hike this short inca trail 2 days, it is very likely you’ll see twice as much, and deal with less people, since most of the tourists will have already left by then, so, you’ll be able to enjoy the main spots all to yourselves. Once you’re finished exploring and taking pictures, the guide will give you the bus tickets. We’ll take the bus down to Aguas Calientes and your guide will show you the hotel where you spend the night. Finally, we will meet at a tourist restaurant for dinner (included), which is only a ten minute walk from your hotel.
- Accommodations: 3* hotel
- Meals Included: Lunch and dinner
- Distance:10km/6.3 miles
Day 2: Aguas Calientes Town – Machupicchu – Cusco
On the second day of our Inca Trail 2 days, we’ll wake up early in the morning and order breakfast in the hotel. You can leave your bags in your hotel, and walk to the bus station to catch one of the first buses, which takes 30 minutes to get up to Machu Picchu. You’ll have two hours of guided tour by our professional guide, and once the tour is over, according to Machupicchu rules, we cannot return to the Inca City. Depending on the time and your physical condition, you’ll have a chance to walk down to Aguas Calientes for an hour and a half (this is extra hike of inca trail 2 days) or take a 30-minute bus ride to explore the town of Aguas Calientes.
People who have tickets to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain will have time to climb up the mountain, which is approximately forty-five minutes each way. Your guide will let you know the time to meet at Aguas Calientes to enjoy lunch in a local restaurant (this is optional and not included). At lunch, your guide will give you the train tickets. Please be on time at the train station, 30 minutes before the departure. The train will take you to Ollantaytambo, where our transfer van is waiting for you. The van will take you back to Cusco, where we’ll drop you off at or near the hotel (depending on the location and access) where you are staying.
- Meals Included: Breakfast Only
Includes / Not Includes
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 8+
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Train to Km 104
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Boxed Lunch, 1 Dinner. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- 3 Star Hotel (La Cabaña, Andino, Waman, Santuario or similar).
- Oxygen bottle for emergencies.
- First aid kit for emergencies.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu ruins.
- 3 Bus tickets for the first & second day in Machu Picchu (down, up and down)
Does Not Include
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 2
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain( USD 75) or Machupicchu Montain( USD 75)
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
Aditionals/Extras Not Included (Need to book in Advance):
Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00
Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00
Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo: USD 50.00
Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired.
Price & availability
Group Service Price
Price per person US$559.00
Private Service Prices
- 2 people US$659 per person
- 3 people US$619 per person
- 4 people US$589per person
- 5 +people US$559per person
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
Walking Pole US$10(pair)
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).
ABSOLUTE ESSENTIALS FOR THE TREK:
- Valid, original Passport (a copy will not be accepted)
- Valid, Student Card (if you booked as a student)
- Trekking boots (light, comfortable and broken in)
- A good quality daypack (light, small and comfortable)
- Water storage for at least 2 liters; either a camel bag or water bottle(s)
FOR YOUR DAYPACKS:
Below is a list of items that we highly recommend you keep with you at all times in your personal backpack. Remember you will be carrying this with you everyday of the trek so we recommend you bring a good quality daypack which is both light and comfortable. It is important to note that due to local regulations, your backpack should not exceed 25L. All larger backpacks can not be taken into Machu Picchu and will need to be stored outside the gates.
- Hat and sunglasses
- Rain gear
- Warm layers (fleece / long sleeved tops)
- Sun cream, bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Band-aids, moleskin
- Camera, extra batteries
- Head Torch
- Extra snacks, power bars, chocolate
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips (small change is useful for paying to use the villagers’ toilets on the first day)
ADDITIONAL ITEMS FOR YOUR DUFFEL BAGS:
During the trek will provide you with a duffel bag in which you can pack any items that you won’t need to keep with you during the day. Our porters will carry this bag for you throughout the trek. Please note this bag should weigh a maximum of 7 kg including the weight of your sleeping bag and air mattress (if you bring/rent one). When rented from us these two items weigh approximately 3 kg. During the Inca Trek, you will travel through different temperatures as you climb/descend, it can also be cold at night when at the campsite. Therefore layers work best!
- Sleeping bag for Inca trail (can be rented from us)
- Air mattress for Inca trail (can be rented from us)
- Some light, comfortable shoes for the camp
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves for Inca trail
- 2-3 t-shirts (wicking t-shirts are best)
- 1-2 hiking pants/trousers
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 4 sets of hiking socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Warm, down jacket for the coldest nights
- Quick-dry towel
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Face moisturizer
- Power pack / battery charger
- Plastic bags to keep wet or muddy clothes separate
Terms & Conditions
To book your Quinoa Expeditions of a lifetime please visit email@example.com or call our team on +5184384453 or + 51 910827647.
In order to make a reservation with Quinoa Expeditions you are required to make a $200 deposit for each trek and a $ 50 deposit for Day Tours. The deposit should be paid via PayPal. . All deposits are unfortunately non-refundable as they are used to secure your reservation (by purchasing permits, entrance tickets, etc.).
The remaining balance can be paid upon your arrival to Cusco and we ask that this be paid at least 36 hours prior to your tour. If you are not able to arrive in Cusco this far in advance of your trek, we ask that you notify your travel agent in advance to make arrangements. You can pay the remaining balance with Peruvian Soles, Dollars (or a combination).
All primary deposits are unfortunately 100% non-refundable. However, the earlier you notify us of a cancellation, the better we can assist you. Please send all cancellation notifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cancel 8 weeks or more days before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
8 weeks to 4 weeks before departure: 60% of the total tour price is due.
4 weeks to 5 days before departure: 80% of the total tour price is due.
5 days to 36 hours: 90% of the total tour price is due.
36 hours or less before departure: 100% of the total price is due.
PASSPORTS AND VISAS:
Visitors are responsible for ensuring that they have valid visas and / or passports. Passports are required to be valid for at least 6 months beyond the dates of travel.
All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Discounts may apply for children under the age of 12.
Prices are per person.
Refunds are processed to the credit card(s) used for the original payment.
For your safety, comfort and convenience, we are the only company in Cusco that offers free transfers to and from the airport to your hotel on arrival and departure. Please send us your exact arrival time in advance. (ONLY FOR TREKS & PACKAGES)
Tipping in Peru is completely voluntary. Tipping guidelines are provided with your final travel documents that are provided during your tour briefing, held the day before your tour.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
Embarking on an adventure, such as the tours we offer, may involve risk of illness or injury caused by forces of nature, animals, insects, and flora. By booking your trip, you acknowledge these risks and are applying to participate voluntarily.