Day 1: Cusco – Pisac – Huaran – Cancha Cancha
The excitement of your Lares trek to Machu Picchu will help you arise early for your pickup at 5:00am whether in Cusco or Sacred Valley. Within the hour, we will arrive at the ancient remnants of this truly awesome Pisac Inca Citadel. If you are able to take your eyes off the ruins and look up towards the skies, you will be memerized at the flight of the Caracara falcons hovering and circling in the endless sky. Our guide will share with you the history of the Pisac Inca Citadel in all its brilliance.
Breakfast is served high above, looking down at the plunging gorges and awesome views of the Inca city and valleys. Driving onward for 40 more minutes to Huaran, we meet our horsemen and horses. Time to saddle up, boots on, and begin our first 3 hours gradually ascending to Cancha cancha, replenishing our energy for our trek ahead with a delicious lunch prepared by our trekking chef. Cancha cancha being the most isolated and self-sustainable community, traditional to the core, with no bus route or electricity. Make your connection with nature and the realness of life with the locals that share their homes. It would be of much appreciation to share some toys, old useful clothes, notebooks, fruit or any items with the locals. Two hours later, we have completed our first trekking day and arrived at our campsite. Boots off, time to enjoy afternoon tea with amazing views of the frozen Andean peaks. After dinner, our guide will show you the Inca’s constellations in which they depended on for their agricultural guidance and still do to this present day.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Afternoon Tea Time – Dinner
- Accommodation: Camping facilities
- Distance: 12kms / 7 miles
- Time: 6hrs approximately
- Difficulty: Moderate.
Day 2: Cancha Cancha – Quishuarani
Feeling all revved up to begin our second day and have eaten a delicious breakfast, we begin our 4 hour hike northeast, an intense walk accomplishing the three high passes to the highest point of our trek called Pachacutec Pass (4,700m /15,420 ft). This is when to pat yourself on the back and embrace the feeling of total exhilaration and self-achievement for making the summit. Compensating for the intense hike, the views of the rigid glaciers, amazing blue glacial lakes, llama herds, rugged valleys and undulating farmlands. After a time to enjoy the 360º views, we descend for an hour, taking lunch by the mirrored glacial lake, with its picturesque views of the Lares Valley with plenty of llamas and alpacas.
After a siesta time, we descend for 2 hours until we reach our campsite located by the Quishuarani community, (3,700m/12,139ft). Taking the back roads to Machu Picchu Llama, where herders are readily available and the local indigenous people will open their hearts and interact with you in the Quechua language (Inca language). Your guide will act as your mediator to translate and teach you some Quechua language, and then you get to enjoy the stunning waterfall.
At the campsite, everything will be ready. Enjoy afternoon tea time and dinner then snuggle in for a comfortable night sleep.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Afternoon Tea Time – Dinner
- Accommodation: Camping facilities with comfortable tents, inflatable mattress´s, blankets and pillows
- Distance: 14kms / 10.3 miles
- Time:8hrs approximately
- Difficulty: challenge.
Day 3: Quishuarani – Cuncani – Lares – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
Your adventure continues as you begin the most memorable day yet! We begin our ascension for 3 hours until we reach the Hullkiccasa Pass, (4,200m/13,779ft) getting a bird’s eye view of the reflections of the mirror images of the glacial lakes. Time to descend for 2 hours through the boundless farmlands and pristine lakes to the Cucani community. Connecting with the local indigenous children, we will visit their school and share in some quality time with the students.
A little further, on we are welcomed into the natural volcanic hot springs for an hour to soak, have lunch and take a siesta. Time for our goodbyes for our remarkable chef and cowboy. With the body relaxed, the mind begins to sway toward preparing for the ultimate experience. We take our van for 2.5 hours to Ollantaytambo where we will have dinner at a tourist restaurant. At 7pm or 9pm, we take our train to Aguas Calientes, where we spend the night at our hotel. (private room with hot shower included) One more night to sleep before the big day!
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner
- Accommodation: Wiracocha Inn Hotel or Andean Terra Hotel
- Distance: 15kms / 9.3 miles
- Time: 6hrs approximately
- Difficulty: Moderate.
Day 4: Machu Picchu!
Today is the most important day in your expedition. To get the most out of the day, we encourage every group to have an early breakfast before catching one of the first buses up to Machu Picchu (starting at 5:30 a.m.). The hotel will hold your bags for you, until you return from your tour. The bus will take you for 30 minutes. Machupichu will be opend at 6:00 am. We’ll have a 2 hour guided tour of the site during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After your tour you’ll have free time to explore the site by yourself and if you have permits to climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. According new rules of Machu Picchu you must leave at 12:30 pm. You take bus down to Aguas Calientes. In the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo for 2 hours from where you will carry on another 2 hours by bus back to Cusco. Finally we will transfer you to your hotel.
Includes / Not Includes
- Pick up from your hotel
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9 or more trekkers
- Chef, porters and horseman
- Excellent buffet style
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners and 3 snaks. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us knows.
- Dining tent with confortable tables and chairs
- 4 person tent used by only 2 trekkers
- Mules to carry cooking and camping equipment plus 7kg of your personal items.
- Sleeping mattress
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- Private Transportation by bus cusco to Lares and huaran to Ollantaytambo
- Expedition tourist claseTrain from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- 3 star Hotel at aguas calientes on day 3 with private room(hot shower, wifi and storage where you can leave your luggage while you visit Machupicchu)
- Round trip bus ticket(Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu- Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- 2 hour guided tour of Machupicchu
- Return transportation by tourist train from Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo then van back to your hotel in Cusco
Does Not Include
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us)
- Inflatable sleeping pad
- Trekking poles
- lunch and dinner on Day 4
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machupichu Mountain
- Travel Insurance (for the duration of your trip). You are strongly recommended to take out for the duration of your trip.
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Day pack
- Sleeping bag( you can rent from quinoa expeditions )
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket Warm jacket
- Warm clothes: layers for variable temperatures, especially at night. Thermals:Hat, gloves.
- wool socks and wool hat for cold nights
- T-shirts for the intire trek
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries : poilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, wipes and hand sanitizer
- Personal medical kit
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
- Camel bag or wáter bottle
- Extra money for drinks,tips and souvinirs. Etc( soles or dollars). At least 300 extra soles.
- Bathing suits for the hot springs( optional) recommended for those who stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes)
Price &, Availability
Group Service Prices 2019
Price per person US$590.00
Private Service Prices 2019
- 2 people US$ 650 per person
- 3 people US$ 630 per person
- 4 people US$ 610 per person
- 5 +people US$ 590 per person
Important: Prices Include 3 star hotel for third night and mules to carry up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
Important: Prices Include mules to carry up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings.
Walking Pole US$15(pair)
Sleeping Bag US$20
Inflatable Mattress US$20
Single Tent Supplement US$30
Optional Extras/Not Included (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo: USD 50.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired (Need to book in advance).
- How to book, Group or Private Service:
You can either book by emailing us or by using the Booking form provided on this site.
Send us your main Departure date and back up date: By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your trek (classic Inca Trail, Lares, Salkantay, etc) you automatically authorize Quinoa expeditions to use either of these dates for your reservation. Quinoa expeditions within the next 24 hours (after you have sent us your booking form and confirm deposit was made) will send you an electronic receipt confirming your trek has been officially booked and also to confirm the exact departure date of your trek.
Send us your Personal Details for Booking: Your passport number and other information must be valid. Please advise if you change your passport number after booking the tour (especially for booking the classic Inca Trail as if we do not make a change in your official details, you may not be permitted to do the trek). Please Note changing passports’ numbers requires an extra fee (we are able to change passports numbers easily on our receipt but its also extremely important that we make the changes with the Inca Trail authorities)
Student rate: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail/alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card upon your arrival here in Cusco and in Machu Picchu).
Payment of deposit: For any of our Adventure treks ending in Machu Picchu.
We request a non-refundable deposit per person along with personal details of each member participating in the trek:
- Full name
- Passport number,
Payment of deposit amount is:
- US$ 200 per person for the Lares Trek only Or
- US$ 275 per person for the Lares Trek + Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu climbing. Please confirm if you want to climb Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu as they need to be booked well in advance too; there are 2 time sessions:
- 7 – 8am or 10 – 11am – this also needs to be specified although you need to be flexible to either time.
Please note, if you get the permits for the 7am start you will probably have to miss the Machu Picchu guided tour.
Methods of payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: email@example.com
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).