Day 1: CUSCO – SALT MINE – HUARAN – CANCHA CANCHA
The excitement of your Lares trek to Machu Picchu will help you arise early for your pickup at 5:00am whether in Cusco or Sacred Valley. Within the hour, we will arrive at the Salt mine of Maras. The water from an underground stream is channeled through ponds where it evaporates and leaves pure salt crystals, with thousands of white pools that stretch through the valley, the views are breathtaking.
Breakfast is served at beginning of the trail Huaran and the view of the sacred valley. We meet our horsemen and horses. Time to saddle up, boots on, and begin our first 3 hours gradually ascending to Cancha cancha, replenishing our energy for our trek ahead with a delicious lunch prepared by our trekking chef. Cancha cancha being the most isolated and self-sustainable community, traditional to the core, with no bus route or electricity. Make your connection with nature and the realness of life with the locals that share their homes. It would be of much appreciation to share some toys, old useful clothes, notebooks, fruit or any items with the locals. Two hours later, we have completed our first trekking day and arrived at our campsite. Boots off, time to enjoy afternoon tea with amazing views of the frozen Andean peaks. After dinner, our guide will show you the Inca’s constellations in which they depended on for their agricultural guidance and still do to this present day.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Afternoon Tea Time – Dinner
- Accommodation: Camping facilities
- Distance: 12kms / 7 miles
- Time: 6hrs approximately
- Difficulty: Moderate.
Day 2: CANCHA CANCHA – KISWARANI– OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES.
Feeling all reved up on our second day and having had a delicious breakfast, we begin our 4 hour hike northeast, an intense trek, passing over three high passes to the highest point of our trek called Pachacutec passat (4,700 mt/15,420 ft). This is the time to pat yourself on the back and embrace the feeling of total exhilaration and self achievement having reached the summit. Compensating for the tough trek are the views of the rigid glaciers, shockingly blue glacial lakes, llamas, rugged valleys and undulating farmlands. After a time to enjoy the 360º views, we descend for an hour, taking lunch by the mirrored glacial lake, with picturesque views of the Lares Valley with plenty of llamas and alpacas. After a siesta time, we descend for 2 hours til we reach our campsite located by the Kiswarani community (3,700 m/12,139ft). Taking the backroads to Machu Picchu Llama, herders are readily seen and the local indigenous people will open their hearts and interact with you in the Quechua language (Inca’s language). Your guide will act as your mediator to translate and teach you some Quechua language, and then you get to enjoy the stunning waterfall. Finally,we arrive to Kiswarani, take our transportation for 2 hours to Ollantaytambo and then, the train to Aguas Calientes, where we spend the night in a hotel.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner
- Accommodation: Wiracocha Inn Hotel or Andean Terra Hotel
- Distance: 14kms / 10.3 miles
- Time:8hrs approximately
- Difficulty: challenge
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO.
Bursting with excitment on your final day, we take the first bus to Machu Picchu Archeological site. There we tour every nook and cranny of this New Wonders of the World site, the great Machu Picchu. What an unforgettable experience! Your guide will expertly direct you through the ruins and its diverse main streets for a 2 hour tour. Then on your own, you can wander around the town squares of the world’s spiritual center of Inca wisdom, as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Or you can stay still and find the peace within as you sit in the pure delight of the moment.
If you wish to, you can indulge in a few of the following activities on your own (not included in the price)
- Climb up Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu (Additional Cost)
- You will be given some time to walk to the Sun Gate (Free of Cost)
- Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the local museum or to the hot springs (Entrance fees to enter)
You will descend to Aguas Calientes, have a leisurely lunch and later on board the Expedition train at 4:22pm for the return trip to Cusco stopping at the Ollantaytambo Train Station to pick up your van back to Cusco and your hotel arriving around 8pm.
Includes / Not Includes
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfer from the Airport to Hotel (it can be done on any date).
- Private transportation from the hotel to Pisac Inca ruins and then Huaran (Trailhead)
- Local Licensed & Fluent English speaking guide ( 2 guides for more than 8 people)
- Entrance tickets for Pisac Inca Ruins
- Round trip train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes and from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and a transfer back to Cusco
- 2 Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and return to Aguas Calientes
- Admission ticket to the Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu for 2 hours.
- Hotel with private bathroom, hot shower, wifi, storage and buffet breakfast included
- 4 person DOITE TENT and a THICK COMFORTABLE MATTRESS.
- Delicious gourmet meals during the 4 days as indicated in the itinerary
- Chef and cooking equipment
- Horseman and mules, to carry all camping and personal equipment (7 kgs of your personal items such as extra clothes, sleeping bag will be carried by our mules)
- Provision of a horse in case of emergency – In case of illness, to ensure trek can be completed by all participants
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Boiled water to fill in your bottles
- Rain poncho
- Transfer back to Cusco only for our group
- Interaction with the local kids and community people
- Backpack rain cover
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Sleeping Bag –$20 USD per person per trek (It will be clean and warm)
- Air Mattress –$20 USD per person per trek (Therm-a-rest mattresses)
- Walking Poles –$15 USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- Personal tent- $30 USD- (Tent for solo travelers only )
- Lunch on the last day in Aguas Calientes
- Tips for the crew, guide, cook and porters of QUINOA EXPEDITIONS TEAM.
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Day pack
- Sleeping bag( you can rent from quinoa expeditions )
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket Warm jacket
- Warm clothes: layers for variable temperatures, especially at night. Thermals:Hat, gloves.
- wool socks and wool hat for cold nights
- T-shirts for the intire trek
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries : poilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, wipes and hand sanitizer
- Personal medical kit
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
- Camel bag or wáter bottle
- Extra money for drinks,tips and souvinirs. Etc( soles or dollars). At least 300 extra soles.
- Bathing suits for the hot springs( optional) recommended for those who stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes)
Price & Availability
Group Service Prices 2019
Price per person US$469.00
Private Service Prices 2019
- 2 Persons – $589 USD per person
- 3 Persons -$559 USD per person
- 4 Persons – $529 USD per person
- 5 +Persons – $469 USD per person
Important: Prices Include 3 star hotel for third night and mules to carry up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
Important: Prices Include mules to carry up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings.
Walking Pole US$15(pair)
Sleeping Bag US$20
Inflatable Mattress US$20
Single Tent Supplement US$30
Optional Extras/Not Included (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo: USD50.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired (Need to book in advance).
- How to book, Group or Private Service:
You can either book by emailing us or by using the Booking form provided on this site.
Send us your main Departure date and back up date: By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your trek (classic Inca Trail, Lares, Salkantay, etc) you automatically authorize Quinoa expeditions to use either of these dates for your reservation. Quinoa expeditions within the next 24 hours (after you have sent us your booking form and confirm deposit was made) will send you an electronic receipt confirming your trek has been officially booked and also to confirm the exact departure date of your trek.
Send us your Personal Details for Booking: Your passport number and other information must be valid. Please advise if you change your passport number after booking the tour (especially for booking the classic Inca Trail as if we do not make a change in your official details, you may not be permitted to do the trek). Please Note changing passports’ numbers requires an extra fee (we are able to change passports numbers easily on our receipt but its also extremely important that we make the changes with the Inca Trail authorities)
Student rate: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail/alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card upon your arrival here in Cusco and in Machu Picchu).
Payment of deposit: For any of our Adventure treks ending in Machu Picchu.
We request a non-refundable deposit per person along with personal details of each member participating in the trek:
- Full name
- Passport number,
Payment of deposit amount is:
- US$ 200 per person for the Lares Trek only Or
- US$ 275 per person for the Lares Trek + Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu climbing. Please confirm if you want to climb Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu as they need to be booked well in advance too; there are 2 time sessions:
- 7 – 8am or 10 – 11am – this also needs to be specified although you need to be flexible to either time.
Please note, if you get the permits for the 7am start you will probably have to miss the Machu Picchu guided tour.
Methods of payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).
ABSOLUTE ESSENTIALS FOR THE TREK:
- Valid, original Passport (a copy will not be accepted)
- Valid, Student Card (if you booked as a student)
- Trekking boots (light, comfortable and broken in)
- A good quality daypack (light, small and comfortable)
- Water storage for at least 2 liters; either a camel bag or water bottle(s)
FOR YOUR DAYPACKS:
Below is a list of items that we highly recommend you keep with you at all times in your personal backpack. Remember you will be carrying this with you everyday of the trek so we recommend you bring a good quality daypack which is both light and comfortable. It is important to note that due to local regulations, your backpack should not exceed 25L. All larger backpacks can not be taken into Machu Picchu and will need to be stored outside the gates.
- Hat and sunglasses
- Rain gear
- Warm layers (fleece / long sleeved tops)
- Sun cream, bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Band-aids, moleskin
- Camera, extra batteries
- Head Torch
- Extra snacks, power bars, chocolate
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips (small change is useful for paying to use the villagers’ toilets on the first day)
ADDITIONAL ITEMS FOR YOUR DUFFEL BAGS:
During the trek will provide you with a duffel bag in which you can pack any items that you won’t need to keep with you during the day. Our porters will carry this bag for you throughout the trek. Please note this bag should weigh a maximum of 7 kg including the weight of your sleeping bag and air mattress (if you bring/rent one). When rented from us these two items weigh approximately 3 kg. During the Inca Trek, you will travel through different temperatures as you climb/descend, it can also be cold at night when at the campsite. Therefore layers work best!
- Sleeping bag for Inca trail (can be rented from us)
- Air mattress for Inca trail (can be rented from us)
- Some light, comfortable shoes for the camp
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves for Inca trail
- 2-3 t-shirts (wicking t-shirts are best)
- 1-2 hiking pants/trousers
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 4 sets of hiking socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Warm, down jacket for the coldest nights
- Quick-dry towel
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Face moisturizer
- Power pack / battery charger
- Plastic bags to keep wet or muddy clothes separate
Terms & Conditions
To book your Quinoa Expeditions of a lifetime please visit email@example.com or call our team on +5184384453 or + 51 910827647.
In order to make a reservation with Quinoa Expeditions you are required to make a $200 deposit for each trek and a $ 50 deposit for Day Tours. The deposit should be paid via PayPal. . All deposits are unfortunately non-refundable as they are used to secure your reservation (by purchasing permits, entrance tickets, etc.).
The remaining balance can be paid upon your arrival to Cusco and we ask that this be paid at least 36 hours prior to your tour. If you are not able to arrive in Cusco this far in advance of your trek, we ask that you notify your travel agent in advance to make arrangements. You can pay the remaining balance with Peruvian Soles, Dollars (or a combination).
All primary deposits are unfortunately 100% non-refundable. However, the earlier you notify us of a cancellation, the better we can assist you. Please send all cancellation notifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cancel 8 weeks or more days before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
8 weeks to 4 weeks before departure: 60% of the total tour price is due.
4 weeks to 5 days before departure: 80% of the total tour price is due.
5 days to 36 hours: 90% of the total tour price is due.
36 hours or less before departure: 100% of the total price is due.
PASSPORTS AND VISAS:
Visitors are responsible for ensuring that they have valid visas and / or passports. Passports are required to be valid for at least 6 months beyond the dates of travel.
All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Discounts may apply for children under the age of 12.
Prices are per person.
Refunds are processed to the credit card(s) used for the original payment.
For your safety, comfort and convenience, we are the only company in Cusco that offers free transfers to and from the airport to your hotel on arrival and departure. Please send us your exact arrival time in advance. (ONLY FOR TREKS & PACKAGES)
Tipping in Peru is completely voluntary. Tipping guidelines are provided with your final travel documents that are provided during your tour briefing, held the day before your tour.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
Embarking on an adventure, such as the tours we offer, may involve risk of illness or injury caused by forces of nature, animals, insects, and flora. By booking your trip, you acknowledge these risks and are applying to participate voluntarily.