DAY 1: CUSCO – PISAC– HUARAN – CANCHA CANCHA
The excitement of your Lares trek to Machu Picchu will help you rise early for your pickup at 5:00am whether in Cusco or Sacred Valley. Within the hour, we will arrive at the ancient remanents of the truly awesome Pisac Inca Citadel. If you are able to take your eyes off the ruins and look up towards the skies, you will be memerized at the flight of the Cararcara falcons hovering and circling in the endless sky. Our guide will share with you the history of the Pisac Inca Citadel in all its brilliance.
Breakfast is served high above looking down at the plunging gorges and awesome views of the Inca city and valleys. Driving onward for 40 more minutes to Huaran, we meet our horsemen and horses. Time to saddle up, boots on, and begin our first 3 hours, gradually ascending up to Cancha cancha. There, we replenish our energy for our trek ahead with a delicious lunch prepared by our trekking chef. Cancha cancha being the most isolated and self sustainable community traditional to the core, has no bus route or electricity. Re-establish your connection with nature and the realness of life with the locals as they share their homes with you. It would be greatly appreciated if you could bring some toys, old useful clothes, notebooks, fruit or any other items with the local. Two hours later, we have completed our first trekking day and arrive at our campsite. Boots off, time to enjoy high tea with amazing views of the frozen Andean peaks. After dinner, our guide will show you the Inca Constellations, which they depended on for their agricultural guidance and still do to this present day.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Afternoon Tea Time – Dinner
- Accommodation: Camping facilities
- Distance: 12kms / 7 miles
- Time: 6hrs approximately
- Difficulty: Moderate
Day 2: CANCHA CANCHA – KISWARANI– OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES.
Feeling all reved up on our second day and having had a delicious breakfast, we begin our 4 hour hike northeast, an intense trek, passing over three high passes to the highest point of our trek called Pachacutec passat (4,700 mt/15,420 ft). This is the time to pat yourself on the back and embrace the feeling of total exhilaration and self achievement having reached the summit. Compensating for the tough trek are the views of the rigid glaciers, shockingly blue glacial lakes, llamas, rugged valleys and undulating farmlands. After a time to enjoy the 360º views, we descend for an hour, taking lunch by the mirrored glacial lake, with picturesque views of the Lares Valley with plenty of llamas and alpacas. After a siesta time, we descend for 2 hours til we reach our campsite located by the Kiswarani community (3,700 m/12,139ft). Taking the backroads to Machu Picchu Llama, herders are readily seen and the local indigenous people will open their hearts and interact with you in the Quechua language (Inca’s language). Your guide will act as your mediator to translate and teach you some Quechua language, and then you get to enjoy the stunning waterfall. Finally,we arrive to Kiswarani, take our transportation for 2 hours to Ollantaytambo and then, the train to Aguas Calientes, where we spend the night in a hotel.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner
- Accommodation: Wiracocha Inn Hotel or Andean Terra Hotel
- Distance: 14kms / 10.3 miles
- Time:8hrs approximately
- Difficulty: challenge
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO.
Bursting with excitment on your final day, we take the first bus to Machu Picchu Archeological site. There we tour every nook and cranny of this New Wonders of the World site, the great Machu Picchu. What an unforgettable experience! Your guide will expertly direct you through the ruins and its diverse main streets for a 2 hour tour. Then on your own, you can wander around the town squares of the world’s spiritual center of Inca wisdom, as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Or you can stay still and find the peace within as you sit in the pure delight of the moment.
If you wish to, you can indulge in a few of the following activities on your own (not included in the price)
- Climb up Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu (Additional Cost)
- You will be given some time to walk to the Sun Gate (Free of Cost)
- Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the local museum or to the hot springs (Entrance fees to enter)
You will descend to Aguas Calientes, have a leisurely lunch and later on board the Expedition train at 4:22pm for the return trip to Cusco stopping at the Ollantaytambo Train Station to pick up your van back to Cusco and your hotel arriving around 8pm.
Includes / Not Includes
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfer from the Airport to Hotel (it can be done on any date).
- Private transportation from the hotel to Pisac Inca ruins and then Huaran (Trailhead)
- Local Licensed & Fluent English speaking guide ( 2 guides for more than 8 people)
- Entrance tickets for Pisac Inca Ruins
- Round trip train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes and from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and a transfer back to Cusco
- 2 Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and return to Aguas Calientes
- Admission ticket to the Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu for 2 hours.
- Hotel with private bathroom, hot shower, wifi, storage and buffet breakfast included
- 4 person DOITE TENT and a THICK COMFORTABLE MATTRESS.
- Delicious gourmet meals during the 4 days as indicated in the itinerary
- Chef and cooking equipment
- Horseman and mules, to carry all camping and personal equipment (7 kgs of your personal items such as extra clothes, sleeping bag will be carried by our mules)
- Provision of a horse in case of emergency – In case of illness, to ensure trek can be completed by all participants
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Boiled water to fill in your bottles
- Rain poncho
- Transfer back to Cusco only for our group
- Interaction with the local kids and community people
- Backpack rain cover
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Sleeping Bag –$20 USD per person per trek (It will be clean and warm)
- Air Mattress –$20 USD per person per trek (Therm-a-rest mattresses)
- Walking Poles –$15 USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- Personal tent- $30 USD- (Tent for solo travelers only )
- Lunch on the last day in Aguas Calientes
- Tips for the crew, guide, cook and porters of QUINOA EXPEDITIONS TEAM.
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Day pack
- Sleeping bag( you can rent from quinoa expeditions )
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket Warm jacket
- Warm clothes: layers for variable temperatures, especially at night. Thermals:Hat, gloves.
- wool socks and wool hat for cold nights
- T-shirts for the intire trek
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries : poilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, wipes and hand sanitizer
- Personal medical kit
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
- Camel bag or wáter bottle
- Extra money for drinks,tips and souvinirs. Etc( soles or dollars). At least 300 extra soles.
- Bathing suits for the hot springs( optional) recommended for those who stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes)
Price &, Availability
Group Service Prices 2019
Price per person US$469.00
Private Service Prices 2019
- 2 Persons – $589 USD per person
- 3 Persons -$559 USD per person
- 4 Persons – $529 USD per person
- 5 +Persons – $469 USD per person
Important: Prices Include 3 star hotel for third night and mules to carry up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
Important: Prices Include mules to carry up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings.
Walking Pole US$15(pair)
Sleeping Bag US$20
Inflatable Mattress US$20
Single Tent Supplement US$30
Optional Extras/Not Included (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo: USD50.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired (Need to book in advance).
- How to book, Group or Private Service:
You can either book by emailing us or by using the Booking form provided on this site.
Send us your main Departure date and back up date: By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your trek (classic Inca Trail, Lares, Salkantay, etc) you automatically authorize Quinoa expeditions to use either of these dates for your reservation. Quinoa expeditions within the next 24 hours (after you have sent us your booking form and confirm deposit was made) will send you an electronic receipt confirming your trek has been officially booked and also to confirm the exact departure date of your trek.
Send us your Personal Details for Booking: Your passport number and other information must be valid. Please advise if you change your passport number after booking the tour (especially for booking the classic Inca Trail as if we do not make a change in your official details, you may not be permitted to do the trek). Please Note changing passports’ numbers requires an extra fee (we are able to change passports numbers easily on our receipt but its also extremely important that we make the changes with the Inca Trail authorities)
Student rate: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail/alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card upon your arrival here in Cusco and in Machu Picchu).
Payment of deposit: For any of our Adventure treks ending in Machu Picchu.
We request a non-refundable deposit per person along with personal details of each member participating in the trek:
- Full name
- Passport number,
Payment of deposit amount is:
- US$ 200 per person for the Lares Trek only Or
- US$ 275 per person for the Lares Trek + Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu climbing. Please confirm if you want to climb Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu as they need to be booked well in advance too; there are 2 time sessions:
- 7 – 8am or 10 – 11am – this also needs to be specified although you need to be flexible to either time.
Please note, if you get the permits for the 7am start you will probably have to miss the Machu Picchu guided tour.
Methods of payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).