Day 1: Cusco – Aguas Calientes
Leaving from Cusco in the morning (aprox. 04:45am) we’ll travel by bus (2 hours) to the village of Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley where we’ll board our train to Aguas Calientes (about 2 hours ride). With beautiful scenery throughout the journey the train journey itself is an experience. Following the course of the river down the Sacred Valley you’ll arrive to Aguas Calientes by about lunchtime and after checking in to your hotel you’ll have the afternoon free. If you want to take advantage of your free afternoon you can visit the Machu Picchu museum and orchid exhibition which is a 35 minute walk outside of the village or you can just relax in the hot springs that the village is named after.
Day 2: Machu Picchu!
Waking up early (04:00) we’ll take the first bus up to Machu Picchu to enter the site as it opens at 06:00. We’ll have a 2 hour guided tour of the citadel during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After your tour you’ll have free time to explore the site by yourself and if you have permits to climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. In the afternoon (aprox. 16:00 to 17:00) you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo from where you will carry on by our transportation back to Cusco (arrives between 8-9pm).
Please Note: Exact times will be confirmed as it depends on the train`s availability and on your booking time.
Includes / Not Includes
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transportation by bus to Ollantaytambo
- Return transportation by Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo then bus back to cusco
- 3 star hotel
- Entrance to Machu Picchu and 2 hour guided tour of the site
- Round trip bus ticket in Machu Picchu ( up and down )
Does Not Include
- Meals excluding breakfast in your hotel on day 2
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain (USD 75 extra )
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
What you need tot ake
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
Price & Availability
- 2 people US$ 469 per person
- 3 people US$ 449 per person
- 4 people US$ 409 per person
- 5+ people US$ 389 per person
Please NOTE: this tour runs only as a Private Service.
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
Extras (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Cusco: USD50.00
- Extra Night in AguasCalientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).