This visit presents some of the most interesting Inca sites in Cusco. The tour begins with a visit to the town of Maras, has the most important salt mines in the region, being exploited since the Inca period and the viceregal period; the water from an underground stream is channeled through ponds where it evaporates and leaves pure salt crystals, with thousands of white pools that stretch through the valley, the views are breathtaking.
From Maras we continue to the formidable archaeological complex of Moray, a magnificent series of circles of terraces on the ground that were used by the Incas for experimentation with crops. Finally we will visit the town of Chinchero about 30 km, considered as the city of the rainbow because it is believed that Chinchero is the mythical birthplace of the rainbow. It has platforms that were used for agricultural production in the Inca period, a very efficient irrigation system was also built.
Once you have finished with the visit, you will return to the city in time to enjoy a lunch on your own.
Includes / Not Includes
All of our guides studied English and tourism at Cusco National University. They all grew up in this region and have a true passion to teach others about their heritage. They are fun yet professional and will ensure you are safe and happy.
Quinoa Expeditions uses private, clean vehicles for all their tours so that you are comfortable driving out of the city when visiting the beautiful inca ruins on the city limits.
Many of the sites in Cusco and the Sacred Valley accept the Boleto Turistico (Tourist Ticket), which is a bit costly, but grants access to many of our areas highlights. Included in this tour are the 4 inca ruins you visit on the city limits. The ticket can be purchased as a one (1) day pass for 70 PEN or a ten (10) day pass for 130PEN. A valid STUDENT CARD does offer a discount on the 10 day pass for 70 PEN. Only soles are accepted and it must be paid in cash. You will be able to purchase this directly at the first site. The cathedral and Temple of the Sun are separate entrance tickets and are 25 PEN and 10 PEN respectively.
Entrance Tickets Required
- Tourist Ticket: 70 soles (or 130 soles if you are also doing the Sacred Valley)
There are no meals served during this tour. You should be back in Cusco in time to enjoy lunch on your own.
What you need to take:
- Tourist ticket (not included in price)
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Camera and films
- Daily departures from our office in Cusco.
- Hours: Pick up from Hotel at 08:30 am, returning back to Cusco before Lunch
- This is a MUST DO tour in Cusco – NOT to be missed!
Places that are visited:
- Maras Village
- Salt Mines
- Moray Inca Terraces
Private Service Prices 2019
2 people: 100 USD$
3 people: 80 USD$
4 people: 75 USD$
5 + people: 70 USD$
Group Service Prices 2019
2 pax min, max 10 pax
Price per person US$70.00
NOTE: We sometimes offer to combine private tours (with your permission) into smaller groups with a discount. Let us know if you would be open to others joining you.
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: email@example.com
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).