Day 1: Cusco – Pisaq Market – Pisaq Inca – Ollantaytambo – Train To Aguas Calientes
We will pick you up from any hotel in Cusco at either 7 or 8 a.m., depending on what train you take back, after your tour. You and your tour guide will take our private transportation to the first stop, the Sacred Valley Lookout Point (Mirador del Valle Sagrado), for amazing views and photos. Following, we will visit the famous Pisaq Market, where women come down from the Andean villages to sell their textiles and vegetables. The market is open every day, but is busiest on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. After the visit to the market, we will continue the journey up to the Pisaq Inca Archeological site, located on top of Pisaq Mountain in the Sacred Valley. Your tour guide will take you to the most impressive spots. Then, we will drive along the valley for about 45 minutes, until we reach Urubamba, where we will stop for lunch. You will have an amazing selection of fresh dishes, served buffet-style. After lunch, we will drive to Ollantaytambo, where the second heaviest Inca monoliths are to be found. The ruins have an amazing Temple of the Sun, Moon, and The Temple of the 10 Niches. This living Incan town displays narrow walkways, lined with water channels. If your departing train is at 7 p.m., you will have time to explore more of the town and enjoy dinner. If your departing train is at 3:36 p.m., you will need to head to the train station and catch your train to Aguas Calientes, where you may have dinner there (the train schedule will depend on how far in advance you are booking and/or the availability of the train.) The train trip to Aguas Calientes is just under two hours, descending into the Cloud Forest, where you will see orchids, bromeliads and ferns. Our representatives will meet you just outside the train station, upon arrival and lead you to your hotel.
Hotel: 3 stars
Tour Type: Historical and cultural, the tour is done by our private van
Highlights: Pisaq Inca Archeological site, Pisaq Market, Ollantaytambo town and archeological site, personalized service
Day 2: Aguas Calientes Town – Machu Picchu –Train Journey Back To Cusco
Today you will visit Machu Picchu. You will be visiting the famous Sacred City of the Incas, the crystal city of the Inca civilization. You will determine, with your tour guide, the best time to start your day. Most people prefer to rise at 4 a.m. walk to the bus station to take one of the first buses up to Machu Picchu. It can be enjoyable to arrive at the ruins as soon as they open, at 6 a.m., to catch the magical mists on the ruins as the sun rises. After a 25 minute bus ride to Machu Picchu, your tour guide will take you to the best views before the day trippers arrive. Then, we will start the two hour guided, walking tour, exploring all of the famous places of this impressive citadel: The Temple of the Sun, The Royal Tomb, The Intiwatana (sun dial rock), Main Plaza, Temple of the 3 Windows, The Artisan Sector, the Condor Temple and many others. After the tour, you will have time to explore the ruins on your own. If you have booked permits to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain, you will head to that adventure. If you chose not to book a hike, you can climb to the Sun Gate and witness its amazing views. At around 2:30 or 3 p.m., you will need to take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes to enjoy lunch at one of the many restaurants there. Be sure to arrive at the train station 30 minutes before your departure. Our train schedule is usually at 4:20 p.m. to Ollantaytambo, where you will catch our private transportation for another two hour drive back to Cusco.
Note: Machu Picchu Inca site is different from Machu Picchu Mountain. When most people refer to Machu Picchu, they are referring to the archeological site. Machu Picchu Mountain requires a separate permit to climb. Please notify us if you are interested and we can book this for you. It must be done in advance and is a part of your entry into the site.
Includes / Not Includes
- Pick up at your hotel by your guide.
- Private transport from your hotel to sacred valley.
- Bus ticket from round trip
- Breakfast in aguas calientes.
- Professional guide.
- Expedition Tourist Train from Ollanataytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo with private van connection to Cusco.
- Admission Ticket to Machu Picchu Archaeological site.
- Private guided tour of Machu picchu
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain(USD 75)
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Lunch, diner in sacred valley & Lunch Aguas Calientes.
- Tips for the staff.
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train – US$57 per person – Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo 6:10pm train.
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Day pack
- Waterproof jacket Warm jacket
- Warm clothes: layers for variable temperatures, especially at night. Thermals:Hat, gloves.
- wool socks and wool hat for cold nights
- T-shirts for the intire trek
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (factor 35 or higher)
- Toiletries : poilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, wipes and hand sanitizer
- Personal medical kit
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
- Camel bag or wáter bottle
- Extra money for drinks,tips and souvinirs. Etc( soles or dollars). At least 300 extra soles.
2 pax min, max 10 pax
$30 off per person
Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to firstname.lastname@example.org
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: email@example.com
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).
ABSOLUTE ESSENTIALS FOR THE TREK:
- Valid, original Passport (a copy will not be accepted)
- Valid, Student Card (if you booked as a student)
- Trekking boots (light, comfortable and broken in)
- A good quality daypack (light, small and comfortable)
- Water storage for at least 2 liters; either a camel bag or water bottle(s)
FOR YOUR DAYPACKS:
Below is a list of items that we highly recommend you keep with you at all times in your personal backpack. Remember you will be carrying this with you everyday of the trek so we recommend you bring a good quality daypack which is both light and comfortable. It is important to note that due to local regulations, your backpack should not exceed 25L. All larger backpacks can not be taken into Machu Picchu and will need to be stored outside the gates.
- Hat and sunglasses
- Rain gear
- Warm layers (fleece / long sleeved tops)
- Sun cream, bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Band-aids, moleskin
- Camera, extra batteries
- Head Torch
- Extra snacks, power bars, chocolate
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips (small change is useful for paying to use the villagers’ toilets on the first day)
ADDITIONAL ITEMS FOR YOUR DUFFEL BAGS:
During the trek will provide you with a duffel bag in which you can pack any items that you won’t need to keep with you during the day. Our porters will carry this bag for you throughout the trek. Please note this bag should weigh a maximum of 7 kg including the weight of your sleeping bag and air mattress (if you bring/rent one). When rented from us these two items weigh approximately 3 kg. During the Inca Trek, you will travel through different temperatures as you climb/descend, it can also be cold at night when at the campsite. Therefore layers work best!
- Sleeping bag for Inca trail (can be rented from us)
- Air mattress for Inca trail (can be rented from us)
- Some light, comfortable shoes for the camp
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves for Inca trail
- 2-3 t-shirts (wicking t-shirts are best)
- 1-2 hiking pants/trousers
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 4 sets of hiking socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Warm, down jacket for the coldest nights
- Quick-dry towel
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Face moisturizer
- Power pack / battery charger
- Plastic bags to keep wet or muddy clothes separate
Terms & Conditions
To book your Quinoa Expeditions of a lifetime please visit firstname.lastname@example.org or call our team on +5184384453 or + 51 910827647.
In order to make a reservation with Quinoa Expeditions you are required to make a $200 deposit for each trek and a $ 50 deposit for Day Tours. The deposit should be paid via PayPal. . All deposits are unfortunately non-refundable as they are used to secure your reservation (by purchasing permits, entrance tickets, etc.).
The remaining balance can be paid upon your arrival to Cusco and we ask that this be paid at least 36 hours prior to your tour. If you are not able to arrive in Cusco this far in advance of your trek, we ask that you notify your travel agent in advance to make arrangements. You can pay the remaining balance with Peruvian Soles, Dollars (or a combination).
All primary deposits are unfortunately 100% non-refundable. However, the earlier you notify us of a cancellation, the better we can assist you. Please send all cancellation notifications to email@example.com.
If you cancel 8 weeks or more days before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
8 weeks to 4 weeks before departure: 60% of the total tour price is due.
4 weeks to 5 days before departure: 80% of the total tour price is due.
5 days to 36 hours: 90% of the total tour price is due.
36 hours or less before departure: 100% of the total price is due.
PASSPORTS AND VISAS:
Visitors are responsible for ensuring that they have valid visas and / or passports. Passports are required to be valid for at least 6 months beyond the dates of travel.
All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Discounts may apply for children under the age of 12.
Prices are per person.
Refunds are processed to the credit card(s) used for the original payment.
For your safety, comfort and convenience, we are the only company in Cusco that offers free transfers to and from the airport to your hotel on arrival and departure. Please send us your exact arrival time in advance. (ONLY FOR TREKS & PACKAGES)
Tipping in Peru is completely voluntary. Tipping guidelines are provided with your final travel documents that are provided during your tour briefing, held the day before your tour.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
Embarking on an adventure, such as the tours we offer, may involve risk of illness or injury caused by forces of nature, animals, insects, and flora. By booking your trip, you acknowledge these risks and are applying to participate voluntarily.