Day 1 – CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY PASS –WAYRACMACHAY
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 4:00 am to 4.30 am in our private transportation. We drive for 2 hours and 15 minutes in our private transportation to Mollepata, where we stop for 10 minutes, just to buy something that you probably forgot or missed it. we carry on for one hour and fifteen minutes to Soraypampa. we have breakfast prepared by our professional chef sorrounded by Humantay and Salkantay snow-cap mountains.
After breakfast, we will start our hike leaded by our professional Guide, who will let you know all important tips how to survive ove the high andes. we walk for 3 hours and half to soyrococha the lunch spot, along the way you see the remains of the big avalanche.
After lunch and siesta, you will walk up for one more hour to the top Salkantay pass(4,600 m.a.s.l). the Guide will make a small ceremony to the mother heart(pachamama) and the Salkantay mountain like in the incas time, in order to be protected until the end of your journey. If you are interested just ask the guide to make your own offering.
your start going down for 2 hour to the oficial campsite. The tent will be ready for you, you just need to get in and rest. you will finish the hike with dinner under the stars.
Walking distance: 14km
Day 2 – WAYRACMACHAY – COLPAPAMPA – LUCMABAMBA
You will have time to pack up and enjoy a nice breakfast prepared by your professional chef. Around 6:30 a.m., you will begin the hike which will be four hours downhill until you arrive at your lunch spot, Colpapampa at 3,000 meters high. You will get started on your shortest, but most interesting day. You will experience the most beautiful sights along your trekking route Shortly after you begin to walk from breakfast, you will notice that the micro-climate changes. We are enjoying the beginning of the lush tropical forest,the flowering orchids and always plenty of birds to see. After lunch,we have two options to get campsite, walk for five more hours or take a car in order to go to Santa Teresa Hot Springs(cocalmayo) which is composed of pure volcanic water, medicinal in nature and considered to be good for your bones, stress, muscles and headaches. Highly recommended by Salkantay trek hikers. we will have an incredible experience of nature at its purest form, touring a coffee plantation adjacent to the campsite. We will begin by browsing the fields, learning about the different types of beans and picking our own beans. It doesn’t end there. Engulfed in the fields of tomatoes and avocados are multiple ecosystems from beginning to end. We will visit at an organic coffee farm, where you will be able to taste the coffee, prepared by the local people. Coffee is the main farming industry for the local people. They farm big hectares of coffee to export to the United States, Asia and Europe. Coffee was first discovered in Ethiopia, but it wasn’t until the Spanish invaded Cusco, that it was brought to this region. We have diner in beautiful tropical area.
Day 3- LUCMABAMBA- LLACTAPATA –HIDROELECTRICA- AC TOWN
There will be an early wake up, with a hot cup of coca tea. You will get ready for today’s activities and enjoy your last breakfast prepared by your chef. You will begin your hike on three hours up; you will get the opportunity to climb part of the Inca trail. You will see amazing views of the Santa Teresa valley, until you arrive at the Llactapata Inca site, right in front of Machu Picchu. This will be the first site you see, of the Lost City of the Incas. You will be able to see the Machu Picchu ruins, Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain from this spot. You will explore and learn about the Inca site with your tour guide. We spend time in this beautiful opend spot there will be plenty of time to take photos and box lunch. After our lunch you will begin your hike on a two hour, downhill path, with views of Machu Picchu, until you arrive at the hydroelectric station, with views of Machu Picchu, until you arrive at the hydroelectric station. You will reach the train rail road, which has a nice path to walk on. It will take approximately three hours to arrive in Aguas Calientes, located at the foot of the valley of Machu Picchu. This section is interesting because it is a trail used by the American Professor, Hiram Bingham, who rediscovered Machu Picchu after centuries of it being lost. He walked along this valley looking for the lost city of Vilcabamba. He met the farmer Melochor Artaega, who guided him to Machu Picchu. You will get to pass by the farm of Melochor Artaega, where you will see many species of flora and fauna, including the famous Peruvian national bird called cock of the rock, tucanets, propendolas, parrots and orchids. Finally we arrive to Aguas Calientes where you go to your hotel to enjoy a hot shower. In the evening, you will enjoy your final dinner with your trekking chef and say good bye to him.
Day 4 – AC TOWN– MACHUPICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO– CUSCO
We will wake up early in the morning and we will order breakfast in the hotel. The hotel will hold your bags for you, until you return from your tour. We walk to the bus station to catch one of the first buses, it takes 30 minutes up to Machu Picchu. You will have two hours of guiding tour by our professional guide. Once the tour is over, acording Machupicchu rules nobody gets into the inca city again. Depending the time and your physical condition you have chance to walk down to Aguas Calientes for one hour and a half approximately or take a bus for 30 minutes. Explore Aguas Calientes town and its authentic sculptures. People who have tickets to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain will have time to climb the mountain, which takes approximately fourty five minutes up and fourty five minutes down. Your guide will let you know the time to meet at Aguas Calientes to enjoy your last lunch in a local restaurant. This is optional and not included. At lunch, he will give you the tickets in your hands. Be on time at the train station, 30 minutes before the departure . The train will take you to ollantaytambo, where our transfer is waiting for you. Then our van will take you back to cusco. Finally we will drop you off in your hotel or nearby (depending the location and access).
INCLUDES / NOT INCLUDES
- Pick up from your hotel
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9 or more trekkers
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks and 2 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Dining tent with confortable tables and chairs
- 4 person tent used by only 2 trekkers
- Mules to carry cooking and camping equipment plus 7kg of your personal items.
- Sleeping mattress
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- Private Transportation by bus cusco to Soraypampa
- 3 star Hotel at aguas calientes on day 3 with private room(hot shower, wifi and storage where you can leave your luggage while you visit Machupicchu)
- Round trip bus ticket(Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu- Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- 2 hour guided tour of Machupicchu
- Return transportation by tourist train from Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo then van back to your hotel in Cusco
Does Not Include
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us)
- Inflatable sleeping pad
- Trekking poles
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 4
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machapicchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance (for the duration of your trip). You are strongly recommended to take out for the duration of your trip.
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Day pack
- Sleeping bag( you can rent from quinoa expeditions )
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket Warm jacket
- Warm clothes: layers for variable temperatures, especially at night. Thermals:Hat, gloves.
- wool socks and wool hat for cold nights
- T-shirts for the intire trek
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries : poilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, wipes and hand sanitizer
- Personal medical kit
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
- Camel bag or wáter bottle
- Extra money for drinks,tips and souvinirs. Etc( soles or dollars). At least 300 extra soles.
- Bathing suits for the hot springs( optional) recommended for those who stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes)
Price & Availability
Group Service Price 2019
- US$ 610 per person
Private Service Prices 2019
- 2 people US$ 700 per person
- 3 people US$ 670 per person
- 4 people US$ 630 per person
- 5 +people US$ 610 per person
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
Important: Prices Include mules to carry up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings.
Walking Pole US$15(pair)
Sleeping Bag US$20
Inflatable Mattress US$20
Single Tent Supplement US$20
Optional Extras/Not Included (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo: USD50.00 (Need to book in advance).
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired (Need to book in advance).
Send us your main Departure date and back up date: By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your trek (classic Inca Trail, Lares, Salkantay, etc) you automatically authorize Quinoa expeditions to use either of these dates for your reservation. Quinoa expeditions within the next 24 hours (after you have sent us your booking form and confirm deposit was made) will send you an electronic receipt confirming your trek has been officially booked and also to confirm the exact departure date of your trek.
Send us your Personal Details for Booking: Your passport number and other information must be valid. Please advise if you change your passport number after booking the tour (especially for booking the classic Inca Trail as if we do not make a change in your official details, you may not be permitted to do the trek). Please Note changing passports’ numbers requires an extra fee (we are able to change passports numbers easily on our receipt but its also extremely important that we make the changes with the Inca Trail authorities)
Student rate: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail/alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card upon your arrival here in Cusco and in Machu Picchu).
Payment of deposit: For any of our Adventure treks ending in Machu Picchu.
We request a non-refundable deposit per person along with personal details of each member participating in the trek:
- Full name
- Passport number,
Payment of deposit amount is:
- US$ 200 per person for the Salkantay Trek only Or
- US$ 275 per person for the Salkantay Trek + Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu climbing. Please confirm if you want to climb Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu as they need to be booked well in advance too; there are 2 time sessions:
- 7 – 8am or 10 – 11am – this also needs to be specified although you need to be flexible to either time.
Please note, if you get the permits for the 7am start you will probably have to miss the Machu Picchu guided tour.
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).
ABSOLUTE ESSENTIALS FOR THE TREK:
- Valid, original Passport (a copy will not be accepted)
- Valid, Student Card (if you booked as a student)
- Trekking boots (light, comfortable and broken in)
- A good quality daypack (light, small and comfortable)
- Water storage for at least 2 liters; either a camel bag or water bottle(s)
FOR YOUR DAYPACKS:
Below is a list of items that we highly recommend you keep with you at all times in your personal backpack. Remember you will be carrying this with you everyday of the trek so we recommend you bring a good quality daypack which is both light and comfortable. It is important to note that due to local regulations, your backpack should not exceed 25L. All larger backpacks can not be taken into Machu Picchu and will need to be stored outside the gates.
- Hat and sunglasses
- Rain gear
- Warm layers (fleece / long sleeved tops)
- Sun cream, bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Band-aids, moleskin
- Camera, extra batteries
- Head Torch
- Extra snacks, power bars, chocolate
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips (small change is useful for paying to use the villagers’ toilets on the first day)
ADDITIONAL ITEMS FOR YOUR DUFFEL BAGS:
During the trek will provide you with a duffel bag in which you can pack any items that you won’t need to keep with you during the day. Our porters will carry this bag for you throughout the trek. Please note this bag should weigh a maximum of 7 kg including the weight of your sleeping bag and air mattress (if you bring/rent one). When rented from us these two items weigh approximately 3 kg. During the Inca Trek, you will travel through different temperatures as you climb/descend, it can also be cold at night when at the campsite. Therefore layers work best!
- Sleeping bag for Inca trail (can be rented from us)
- Air mattress for Inca trail (can be rented from us)
- Some light, comfortable shoes for the camp
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves for Inca trail
- 2-3 t-shirts (wicking t-shirts are best)
- 1-2 hiking pants/trousers
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 4 sets of hiking socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Warm, down jacket for the coldest nights
- Quick-dry towel
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Face moisturizer
- Power pack / battery charger
- Plastic bags to keep wet or muddy clothes separate
Terms & Conditions
To book your Quinoa Expeditions of a lifetime please visit email@example.com or call our team on +5184384453 or + 51 910827647.
In order to make a reservation with Quinoa Expeditions you are required to make a $200 deposit for each trek and a $ 50 deposit for Day Tours. The deposit should be paid via PayPal. . All deposits are unfortunately non-refundable as they are used to secure your reservation (by purchasing permits, entrance tickets, etc.).
The remaining balance can be paid upon your arrival to Cusco and we ask that this be paid at least 36 hours prior to your tour. If you are not able to arrive in Cusco this far in advance of your trek, we ask that you notify your travel agent in advance to make arrangements. You can pay the remaining balance with Peruvian Soles, Dollars (or a combination).
All primary deposits are unfortunately 100% non-refundable. However, the earlier you notify us of a cancellation, the better we can assist you. Please send all cancellation notifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cancel 8 weeks or more days before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
8 weeks to 4 weeks before departure: 60% of the total tour price is due.
4 weeks to 5 days before departure: 80% of the total tour price is due.
5 days to 36 hours: 90% of the total tour price is due.
36 hours or less before departure: 100% of the total price is due.
PASSPORTS AND VISAS:
Visitors are responsible for ensuring that they have valid visas and / or passports. Passports are required to be valid for at least 6 months beyond the dates of travel.
All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Discounts may apply for children under the age of 12.
Prices are per person.
Refunds are processed to the credit card(s) used for the original payment.
For your safety, comfort and convenience, we are the only company in Cusco that offers free transfers to and from the airport to your hotel on arrival and departure. Please send us your exact arrival time in advance. (ONLY FOR TREKS & PACKAGES)
Tipping in Peru is completely voluntary. Tipping guidelines are provided with your final travel documents that are provided during your tour briefing, held the day before your tour.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
Embarking on an adventure, such as the tours we offer, may involve risk of illness or injury caused by forces of nature, animals, insects, and flora. By booking your trip, you acknowledge these risks and are applying to participate voluntarily.