Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – KM 104- Sun Gate – Machu Picchu – AC Town
We will pick you up at 4 a.m from Cusco. At 5:30 am from Ollantaytambo. Or any hotels along the Sacred Valley, you must let us Know where you are staying to coordinate the pick up time. We boarded the train at 6:10 am that take us to km 104 for about one hour and a half, where we get off and we stop at the check point to show the passport. On the way by train we have chance to see the abrupt change of temperature, Cusco and sacred valley will be cold in the morning, km 104 is warm and hot. We recommend all guest being prepared with proper clothes. We stay half and hour before start walking, where we put Sunscreen on (factor 35 or higher) and Insect repellant because we are in the jungle ( cloud forest ) it means there are a lot of mosquito.
We start walking the inca trail and we visit the first inca construction Chachabamba just five minutes far away, the profesional tour guide will explain you the background history for fifteen minutes. We start walking up for three hours to Wiñaywayna ( mini machu picchu- forever young ). The trail is gentle up for two hours but beautiful views, the last one hour is a litle bit challenge with up stairs and down stairs with a lot of vegetation of orchits and birds, also the beautiful water fall. Wiñay Wayna (Forever Young) at 2,600 m/8,500 ft. It keeps temples, living houses, storage houses water fountains, and agricultural terraces, which give a great opportunity to learn about the Incan history. From Wiñay Wayna, we walk undulating trail (balcony way ) to the Sun Gate. We will see the first view of Machu Picchu where we stay for fifteen minutes to take a break and pictures. Then we start walking down for fourty five minutes to Machu Picchu.
When we hike this short inca trail 2 days, it is a big chance to see twice and being with less people when we get to Machu Picchu, most of the tourist will be back at that time, so we will have the main spots to yourself. Once you take enough pictures the guide will give you the bus tickets. We take the bus down to Aguas Calientes( AC ) and your guide will show you the hotel where you spend the night. Finally, we will meet at the tourist restaurant for dinner (included ) which is only ten minutes far away walking from your hotel.
Accommodations: La Cabaña, Andino Hotel (or similar)
Meals Included: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: AC Town – Machupicchu – Cusco
We will wake up early in the morning and we will order breakfast in the hotel. The hotel will hold your bags for you, until you return from your tour. We walk to the bus station to catch one of the first buses, it takes 30 minutes up to Machu Picchu. You will have two hours of guiding tour by our professional guide. Once the tour is over, acording Machupicchu rules nobody gets into the inca city again. Depending the time and your physical condition you have chance to walk down to Aguas Calientes for one hour and a half approximately or take a bus for 30 minutes. Explore Aguas Calientes town and its authentic sculptures. People who have tickets to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain will have time to climb the mountain, which takes approximately fourty five minutes up and fourty five minutes down. Your guide will let you know the time to meet at Aguas Calientes to enjoy your last lunch in a local restaurant. This is optional and not included. At lunch, he will give you the tickets in your hands. Be on time at the train station, 30 minutes before the departure . The train will take you to ollantaytambo, where our transfer is waiting for you. Then our van will take you back to cusco. Finally we will drop you off in your hotel or nearby ( depending the location and access ) where you stay.
Meals Included: Breakfast Only
Includes / Not Includes
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 8+
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Train to Km 104
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Boxed Lunch, 1 Dinner. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- 3 Star Hotel (La Cabaña, Andino, Waman, Santuario or similar).
- Oxygen bottle for emergencies.
- First aid kit for emergencies.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu ruins.
- 3 Bus tickets for the first & second day in Machu Picchu (down, up and down)
Does Not Include
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 2
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain( USD 75) or Machupicchu Montain( USD 75)
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
Aditionals/Extras Not Included (Need to book in Advance):
Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00
Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00
Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo: USD 50.00
Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired.
Price & availability
Group Service Price 2019
Price per person US$559.00
Private Service Prices 2019
- 2 people US$659 per person
- 3 people US$619 per person
- 4 people US$589per person
- 5 +people US$559per person
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
Walking Pole US$10(pair)
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: email@example.com
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).
ABSOLUTE ESSENTIALS FOR THE TREK:
- Valid, original Passport (a copy will not be accepted)
- Valid, Student Card (if you booked as a student)
- Trekking boots (light, comfortable and broken in)
- A good quality daypack (light, small and comfortable)
- Water storage for at least 2 liters; either a camel bag or water bottle(s)
FOR YOUR DAYPACKS:
Below is a list of items that we highly recommend you keep with you at all times in your personal backpack. Remember you will be carrying this with you everyday of the trek so we recommend you bring a good quality daypack which is both light and comfortable. It is important to note that due to local regulations, your backpack should not exceed 25L. All larger backpacks can not be taken into Machu Picchu and will need to be stored outside the gates.
- Hat and sunglasses
- Rain gear
- Warm layers (fleece / long sleeved tops)
- Sun cream, bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Band-aids, moleskin
- Camera, extra batteries
- Head Torch
- Extra snacks, power bars, chocolate
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips (small change is useful for paying to use the villagers’ toilets on the first day)
ADDITIONAL ITEMS FOR YOUR DUFFEL BAGS:
During the trek will provide you with a duffel bag in which you can pack any items that you won’t need to keep with you during the day. Our porters will carry this bag for you throughout the trek. Please note this bag should weigh a maximum of 7 kg including the weight of your sleeping bag and air mattress (if you bring/rent one). When rented from us these two items weigh approximately 3 kg. During the Inca Trek, you will travel through different temperatures as you climb/descend, it can also be cold at night when at the campsite. Therefore layers work best!
- Sleeping bag for Inca trail (can be rented from us)
- Air mattress for Inca trail (can be rented from us)
- Some light, comfortable shoes for the camp
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves for Inca trail
- 2-3 t-shirts (wicking t-shirts are best)
- 1-2 hiking pants/trousers
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 4 sets of hiking socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Warm, down jacket for the coldest nights
- Quick-dry towel
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Face moisturizer
- Power pack / battery charger
- Plastic bags to keep wet or muddy clothes separate
Terms & Conditions
To book your Quinoa Expeditions of a lifetime please visit firstname.lastname@example.org or call our team on +5184384453 or + 51 910827647.
In order to make a reservation with Quinoa Expeditions you are required to make a $200 deposit for each trek and a $ 50 deposit for Day Tours. The deposit should be paid via PayPal. . All deposits are unfortunately non-refundable as they are used to secure your reservation (by purchasing permits, entrance tickets, etc.).
The remaining balance can be paid upon your arrival to Cusco and we ask that this be paid at least 36 hours prior to your tour. If you are not able to arrive in Cusco this far in advance of your trek, we ask that you notify your travel agent in advance to make arrangements. You can pay the remaining balance with Peruvian Soles, Dollars (or a combination).
All primary deposits are unfortunately 100% non-refundable. However, the earlier you notify us of a cancellation, the better we can assist you. Please send all cancellation notifications to email@example.com.
If you cancel 8 weeks or more days before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
8 weeks to 4 weeks before departure: 60% of the total tour price is due.
4 weeks to 5 days before departure: 80% of the total tour price is due.
5 days to 36 hours: 90% of the total tour price is due.
36 hours or less before departure: 100% of the total price is due.
PASSPORTS AND VISAS:
Visitors are responsible for ensuring that they have valid visas and / or passports. Passports are required to be valid for at least 6 months beyond the dates of travel.
All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Discounts may apply for children under the age of 12.
Prices are per person.
Refunds are processed to the credit card(s) used for the original payment.
For your safety, comfort and convenience, we are the only company in Cusco that offers free transfers to and from the airport to your hotel on arrival and departure. Please send us your exact arrival time in advance. (ONLY FOR TREKS & PACKAGES)
Tipping in Peru is completely voluntary. Tipping guidelines are provided with your final travel documents that are provided during your tour briefing, held the day before your tour.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
Embarking on an adventure, such as the tours we offer, may involve risk of illness or injury caused by forces of nature, animals, insects, and flora. By booking your trip, you acknowledge these risks and are applying to participate voluntarily.