Day 1: Cusco – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Leaving from Cusco very early in the morning (around 04: am) we’ll travel by bus (2 hours) to the village of Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley where we’ll board our train (aproximately 06:10) to Aguas Calientes. With beautiful scenery throughout the journey the train journey itself is an experience. Following the course of the river down the Sacred Valley you’ll arrive to Aguas Calientes and head straight up to Machu Picchu for your guided tour. The tour lasts for about 2 hours during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel.
After your tour you’ll have free time to explore the site by yourself. There are various areas that are not included in the tour, you can ask your guide for suggestions. Later in the afternoon you take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes where you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo (aprox. 2 hours) and then carry on by bus to Cusco (another 2 hours).
Train (Expedition class) back to Cusco time: 16:22pm (to be confirmed depending on season and on the availability).
Expected arrival time in Cusco: 20:30pm.
Please Note: November to April you must be prepared for rainy days.
Includes / Not Includes
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transportation by bus to Ollantaytambo
- Return transportation by Expedition Train from AguasCalientes to Ollantaytambo, then bus back to cusco
- Entrance to Machu Picchu and 2 hour guided tour of the citadel
- Round trip bus ticket in Machu Picchu ( up and down)
Does Not Include
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain (USD 75 extra )
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Water proof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- November to April rainy season.
Price & Availability
Private Service Prices 2019
- 2 people US$ 339 per person
- 3 people US$ 319 per person
- 4 people US$ 309 per person
- 5+ people US$ 299 per person
Please NOTE: This tour runs only as Private Service.
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
Extras NOT Included (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Cusco: USD50.00 per person.
- Extra Night in AguasCalientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired.
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: email@example.com
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).