Machu Picchu Tours
Wake up early to rise to a new day of adventure and mindfulness sharing the day with our majestic Machu Picchu. We pick you up at your hotel 6:30am and then drive in our private van to Poroy-Cusco Train Station to leave at 7:35am (in off-season January through April, we pick you up at 6:00am from Cusco to Ollantaytambo Train Station for the 8:00 am Vistadome Train)
Travel through the alpine meadows nestled amongst the green brown and white peaks, the intricately formed valleys, layers of handmade Inca farming terraces, ridged snowcapped mountains and sub-tropical jungle near the Amazon, from Ollantaytambo the sacred Vilcanota River will be our companion until arrival at Aguas Calientes.
Your guide will meet you at the train station at 10:52am. You will have just a few minutes to get a sandwich or something for lunch before being transferred to Machu Picchu on the shuttle bus. (2040mt/7907ft). Following in the ancient and remote footsteps of the Lost City of the Incas, listen carefully the 2.5 hours of guided tour and cultural exchange of the history of Machu Picchu. You will then be gifted with free time to explore, take photos, or hike to the Sun Gate. Returning to Aguas Calientes, you will catch the early evening Vistadome train 5:23pm train to Poroy, where we take you back to your hotel in Cusco, arriving approximately by 10pm. **See note below for rainy season.
Meals: Snack and Hot Drinks on the Train.
***Note that from January through April the Vistadome Train runs only from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu and from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo train Station.
- Hiking up to the SUN Gate: (no ticket is needed). It takes an hour hike from where you may enjoy the amazing angle view of Machu Picchu- a 2-hour round trip hike.
- Inca Bridge: (no ticket needed). It is a 25-minute walk from the citadel, great views.
VISTADOME CLASS TRAIN
The Vistadome is the ideal train for those who want to be in contact with the environment and appreciate the wonderful journey to Machu Picchu. Connect your senses through a sophisticated and sensory travel experience with the best comfort and quality service!
Surrounded by glass, in cars with large panoramic windows on the side and ceiling, offering incomparable scenic views and numerous opportunities to capture amazing pictures. The Vistadome has a different service, which allows the visitor to be immersed in the Andean Culture through its landscapes, music, dance and even food, carefully prepared with local ingredients.
The Vistadome train provides travelers with on board personalized and first class service to give them an unforgettable lifetime experience. It also has air conditioning and heating, leather seats that adjust the body to provide comfort and relaxation during the entire trip.
You start your journey at the Poroy station located about 25 minutes from downtown Cusco, the journey to Machu Picchu lasts just over three hours you arrive at Aguas Calientes. Peru Rail is concerned about every detail of a passengers needs in this unique experience.
Your return journey is from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo the Sacred Valley of the Incas a journey lasting 2 hours. When you arrive at Ollantaytambo, you will transfer to a private van for your trip back to Cusco, arriving at your hotel at about 10pm.
**Hike of Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mt. is not possible with the time schedule of a one-day tour.
Includes / Not Includes
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfer at 6:30am from your hotel to Poroy Train Station
- Vistadome train ticket from Poroy to Aguas Calientes
- Bus round trip from Aguas Calientes to Machu-Picchu (30mins)
- Admission ticket for Machu Picchu sanctuary
- Guided tour in English (2.5 hours approximately – 2 hours free time to explore on your own)
- (Small group from 3 to 8 people with an experienced English speaking guide)
- Vistadome train ticket return to Ollantaytambo, then transfer back to your hotel in Cusco by van
- Snacks and Dance Presentation are included
- Transfer from the train station to your hotel.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Hike of Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mt. not possible with the time schedule of a one-day tour.
- Tips for your guide.
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Water proof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- November to April rainy season.
Price & Availability
Private Service Prices
- 2 people US$ 409 per person
- 3 people US$ 389 per person
- 4 people US$ 379 per person
- 5+ people US$ 369 per person
Please NOTE: This tour runs only as Private Service.
Student Discount: US$30 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
Under 18’s Discount: US$30
Extras NOT Included (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 75.00
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Cusco: USD50.00 per person.
- Extra Night in AguasCalientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired.
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).