In the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel or hostel at approximately 3:00 – 3:30 am. If your hotel or hostel is not located in the city center, we will pick you up from the doorway of our office building. We will begin the two and a half hour drive towards Marcaconga village, then continue into the district of Pitumarca, where we will eat breakfast.
After breakfast, we will return to the car for thirty more minutes of driving along a zig-zagging, unpaved road, until we reach Punta Carretera. Here, we will have ten minutes to stretch, organize our things, and make any final preparations for our trek. We will walk across gently rolling terrain for about two hours, observing gorgeous landscapes studded with small glacial lakes along the way.
Once we arrive at the Wakra Pukara Overlook, we will pause briefly to take our first photos of this incredible fortress perched on the edge of a canyon. We will then descend for about forty minutes along a steep, cliffside path into the site itself, while the Apurimac River runs swiftly below.
We will explore the ruins for approximately an hour and a half, climbing through the remains of the temple complex, taking photos against the incredible canyon scenery, and resting on clifftops in the shadows of the stone walls. When the group is ready, we will begin the ascent back the way we came. We will reach the car after about three hours of trekking, and return to Cusco at approximately 6:00 pm.
Includes / Not Includes
- Pick up from you hotel.
- Round trip transportation in our bus (bed sit).
- 1 Buffet lunch (eat as much as you like!)
- Hot drinks.
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Assistant tour Guide (only for 9 people or more)
- First Aid kit and Oxygen bottle.
- Entrance fee.
- Walking stick USD 5.00 (each).
- Rain poncho (can be bought anywhere in the city or along the trail).
What you need to take:
- Daypack, warm clothes (scarf, sweaters, rainjacket, gloves)
- Walking boots.
- Walking sticks
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- Extra money, minimum 250.00 soles (USD $80.00)
Group Service Prices 2019
2 pax min, max 10 pax
Price per person US$119.00
Walking Pole US$5 (pair)
Methods Of Payments
METHODS OF PAYMENTS
INFORMATION FROM OUR TRAVEL AGENCY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Página web:quinoaexpeditionsperu.com
- Teléfono:+51 84 384453
- Dirección:Calle Jose Maria Arguedas B-10, Urb. Cruzpata – Cusco
Money Transfer Company (Fastest and safest method of sending money in Peru)(It takes Minutes and pick the money inmediately and we can confirm in minutes)
Receiver’s Name: Alex
Receiver’s Surname: Huanca Hancco
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Account in Dollars: 4263113160397
Account in Soles: 4263113160932
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Quinoa expeditions must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).